What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes crashes when syncing music

Pepito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes crashes half way through syncing music.

My operative system is Windows XP.

Is there a solution to this problem?

OP
P

Pepito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes has detected a problem and must close down (in Spanish because I have my OS in Spanish)
And the error signature is:
AppName: itunes.exe AppVer: 9.1.1.11 ModName: quicktime.qts
ModVer: 7.66.71.0 Offset: 0082e666

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I looked around on the internet and some people suggested uninstalling Quicktime only, and then reinstalling Quicktime only to see if that fixed it.

OP
P

Pepito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I uninstalled QuickTime, restarted the computer and reinstalled QuickTime.
It still crashes when syncing music.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
If this is a windows PC quicktime can be a huge problem.

#1 uninstall iTunes
#2 uninstall Quicktime
#3 download and install latest quicktime version from apple
#4 reinstall iTunes.

That fixes most problems people have with itunes on Windows Machines. Itunes comes with quicktime and installs it automaticaly if you dont have the latest version. The problem is that on windows machines this process often doesnt install correctly and causes problems.

lprmcnit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes uninstall

Just as an FYI, we've found that you have to follow the procedure described in this article to get a complete un-install of iTunes...

Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP Old Article: 93698 on Apple Support

hope this helps..I always worry with different language software versions..I did localization of software for a while and know there can be weird issues...

OP
P

Pepito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything according to the instructions, but it still crashes.
It would be interesting to hear what Apple have to say, but unfortunately their "human" support for iPa is not yet accessible for people outside the USA.
:confused:

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
You say it crashes "half way through".... try in the music tab selecting "sync only selected items", and select perhaps a few hundred tunes. Then sync... If it works than your problem could be a rogue music file.... that happened to me some years ago syncing to an iPod.... just a thought....

OP
P

Pepito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes! You were absolutely right!
I ticked ten folders (i.e. previousely copied CD's) at a time for updating to the iPad and, when ITunes crashed, I "unticked" the folder in question and restarted iTunes and the update. I found a total of five incompatible folders, so I shall have to be happy to listen to them on the iPhone, since they don't seem to cause any trouble there...
Thank you very much to all of you helpful people!

Most reactions

Latest posts