What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes country change issue

richyf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all

Yesterday I have updated my iTunes country from Switzerland to uk. The change has been confirmed successful, however, when I view app store or iBooks I am still seeing the German featured items. Any ideas?

Thanks

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your credit card billing address must match the country you choose in order to use the iTune/App Store. If you want to use the U.K. stores then you'll need to have a credit card with a U.K. billing address.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What if you don't use a credit card,but use an iTunes gift cards instead?

Last edited:
OP
richyf

richyf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a uk credit card and uk address but still same issue :( tried restarting iPad several times aswell

namlow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could be the location, you need to be in the country too!

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Theoretically, yes, you should be in the same country but actually, no! think of all the people who have a US account but who are not physically in the US!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It may be that the purchases are being shown in the country where sold for legal reasons. For example, if you purchase an item and then converted to UK on iTunes, would your purchases be subject to VAT?

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 2 iTunes accounts. One account is German and uses a credit card with a German billing address. The other account is U.S. and uses a credit card with a U.S. billing address. I can purchase from the German iTunes/App stores while in the U.S. and I can purchase from the U.S. iTunes/App stores while in Germany. If you want to use only one account and switch countries in that account, you will need to use a credit card with a billing address in that country. I didn't want to switch countries and cards in the same account all the time, so I made a 2nd account and don't need to switch anything.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

Most reactions

Latest posts