What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes Can't Find my iPad

KMP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have installed IOS 6 in my iPad and then synced with my computer. Everything went well.

Now, I want to sync again and iTunes is not finding my iPad and, further, my Ipad won't allow me to sync over the wifi... I'm receiving e-mails so it is recognizing the network. By the way, where do you check under "settings" that you are on the network.. can't seem to find that now.

Help anyone...! Thank you.

Update: The issue seems to be that I can't sync over the WiFi... When I plug in the cable I can sync just fine; however, can't sync either way over the WiFi since I installed IOS 6. Can anyone help me please?

Last edited:

Purplehaste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KMP said:
Hi, I have installed IOS 6 in my iPad and then synced with my computer. Everything went well.

Now, I want to sync again and iTunes is not finding my iPad and, further, my Ipad won't allow me to sync over the wifi... I'm receiving e-mails so it is recognizing the network. By the way, where do you check under "settings" that you are on the network.. can't seem to find that now.

Help anyone...! Thank you.

try to unplug the router from wall outlet and put it back after 10 sec

if you want to find if your connected to internet go to settings>wifi>on then find your wifi name and enter your security password

iPad 3 

OP
K

KMP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for the response. Suddenly, it just started syncing...no clue what was wrong but for a couple of hours iTunes wouldn't recognize my iPad...

Thank you again.

Last edited:

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KMP said:
Hi and thanks for the response. Suddenly, it just started syncing...no clue what was wrong but for a couple of hours iTunes wouldn't recognize my iPad...

Thank you again.

HI KMP,
Know too, that there are literally millions of people all trying to access the resources of Apple MEGA computers for this large download.
So there have been many roadblocks and technical difficulties beyond your connection errors for thousands of others.
With my slow 10 MBS internet feed, I couldn't complete the down load. My slow wi-fi, kept crapping out on me, even though my downloads were very near completed.

For some folks, waiting a few days for the rush to slow down a bit, and take the massive pressure off, of the servers in Cupertino California, may help you.

Anyway, I finally hauled my ass down to the Apple store and plugged my new iPad 3 into a brand spanking new MacBook Pro and quickly got the new iOS 6 loaded and started to re-establish all my books, mags, games and apps. But by then, their wi-fi was running at a snails pace, because so many other customers were using all the bandwidth up, on all the, in store models. Even though they are running huge servers there in the store, which looks like four large refrigerators in size. My restore was going very slow, and since I did my backup the night before, I just walked out of the store with my iPad 3 and finished the updates and downloads at home on my slow wi-fi network.

Enjoy the updates, there are many new and interesting things to see and trial.

Ah, on a side note, the MacBook Pro was charging my iPad 3 battery faster, than when she's plugged into the wall socket.
I found that very interesting. A huge plus that helps me decide yeah or nay, whether to buy one.

Chas

Last edited:

ryanbalance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, found the solution, it worked!
1. Go to Windows 7 Start Menu and Type and Enter: Services
2. Go find Apple Mobile Device and click Restart!
3. Then Connect Ipad and Restart Itunes!

Thats all, not need reinstall Itunes

Most reactions

Latest posts