What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help can't find server

Remy8k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I got my iPad 3 in May and wow i loved it.

I bought a netgear wi fi router as signal was low upstairs in my house

Everything worked fine until a week ago when I started getting error message saying safari couldn't find server. Mostly with hotmail and google. However it does seem random. Sometimes google will load and others not. Sometimes I get Into hotmail then can't sign out.

Always the error message says cannot find server. My network provider in UK is talk talk,
modem is net gear and I've changed from Firefox to IE 9. I've plugged unplugged and reset my iPad settings several times. Out at a wifi hotspot and all works fine. Please can anyone help cos this is driving me nuts thank you

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try:- Turn OFF ipad. Then turn off Netgear by unpluggging power supply to it. Then wait a minute or so. Then repower Netgear and wait for it to fully restart. Then turn ON ipad and it will find your Netgear. When it has found your Netgear and you have chosen it you must then turn off wifi on ipad. Then turn wifi back on on ipad. If asked to do so - select/choose your Netgear. That should be it. Please report back re ok or not for others to help if needed.

Most reactions

Latest posts