What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes 9.x

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to the iPad technical specification on Apple.com, the iPad will require iTunes 9 or higher to sync. Looking at the version information on my iMac, the latest version available for OS X is 9.0.3.

It's probably safe to assume that there will be an update required to support the new features of the iPad... document syncing, support for the iPad home screen, etc.

Had anyone dug into the resource files for iTunes to see if they "snuck one in on us" with the last update?

Just curious when the new version will be released. I hope it's prior to 4/3. Wouldn't want to get bogged down with the several hundred thousand new iPad owners trying to download it at the same time at 9:00AM.

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to the iPad technical specification on Apple.com, the iPad will require iTunes 9 or higher to sync. Looking at the version information on my iMac, the latest version available for OS X is 9.0.3.

It's probably safe to assume that there will be an update required to support the new features of the iPad... document syncing, support for the iPad home screen, etc.

Had anyone dug into the resource files for iTunes to see if they "snuck one in on us" with the last update?

Just curious when the new version will be released. I hope it's prior to 4/3. Wouldn't want to get bogged down with the several hundred thousand new iPad owners trying to download it at the same time at 9:00AM.

Good point! Hopefully it is already in the latest 9.xx iTunes we all already have and we won't see those options until the iPad is connected. Otherwise it would suck if a couple hundred thousand people are all trying to download a new iTunes all at once on Saturday morning.

lp1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow that would remind me of the release day of the iPhone 3G when everyone was trying to register their phones. I spent hours in the Apple store trying to purchase and activate my phone.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am fairly sure we will see an update to iTunes before our iPads arrive. I think Apple will add a new Library Section (like they did for Applications & Ringtones) called eBooks. I am sure there are other changes that the iPad requires too. Considering the latest version was release 2/1 I think it is highly unlikely that it is iPad compatible.

Most reactions

Latest posts