What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes 9.1 is now up!

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read that .avi files were supposed to be supported by the iPad but I can't add any to the new iTunes. Anyone else try?

-Greg
This is all I have been able to find regarding Avi's.

TV and video
Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable
H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format​

Since Avi's can't be added to iTunes, I wonder how you get them on the iPad.

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"AVI, the audio-video interleave is a container introduced by Microsoft. Motion JPEG is a type of .AVI compression. While .AVI in general is ubiquitous for standard definition video content on the internet, there’s no indication Apple is supporting the specific XviD codec (encoding/decoding) used by those files.

In other words, .......... this will help owners of some types of video cameras watch their footage via the camera card reader accessory, it won’t let anyone watch their bootleg movies on the iPad."

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"

In other words, .......... this will help owners of some types of video cameras watch their footage via the camera card reader accessory, it won’t let anyone watch their bootleg movies on the iPad."

I think you really have the stress "some types" because it would not take my home movies that are .avi files. I guess I will become adept at video conversions (easy enough - just annoying to have to do).

-Greg

iserian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice - I'm all set. Have moved roughly 70 books into I-Tunes. Look forward to seeing how they work/look on the pad.

I have already loaded a couple of epub books into iTunes. Ironically, I can not view them on my iMac.

4478986946_d0b0a7d17e_o.jpg

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about brining photos over? Is that something you do in iTunes?

-Greg

Most reactions

Latest posts