What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new ipad 2 with itunes 9

xxdieselxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been searching all over the web and forums but can't find the answer so far..

I plan to get an ipad 2 next week but am running itunes 9 on my laptop. Why itunes 9 some might ask... because I live in Costa Rica and have an unlocked 3gs iphone that I need to keep the old itunes version so I can sync it without it getting re-locked/upgraded.

Can I use my itunes 9 with the ipad 2 or do I NEED to update to a later version? If I can use the version 9 is there any drawbacks?

Thanks for any help!

D.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been searching all over the web and forums but can't find the answer so far..

I plan to get an ipad 2 next week but am running itunes 9 on my laptop. Why itunes 9 some might ask... because I live in Costa Rica and have an unlocked 3gs iphone that I need to keep the old itunes version so I can sync it without it getting re-locked/upgraded.

Can I use my itunes 9 with the ipad 2 or do I NEED to update to a later version? If I can use the version 9 is there any drawbacks?

Thanks for any help!

D.

You will need to upgrade your iTunes. It needs to be at least iTunes 10.1.2. For sure, iTunes 9 will not work.

Tim

OP
X

xxdieselxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the lightning fast response Tim! Looks like I will have to research whether an unlock is available for my iphone if I upgrade to later firmware and the latest itunes otherwise I might have to wait on getting the ipad 2.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I freely admit that I don't know the answer to this, but why would upgrading your iTunes cause problems with your phone? How is the unlocked status of your phone tied into a specific version of iTunes?

Tim

OP
X

xxdieselxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I update the itunes and sync my phone, I will lose my unlock on the phone, thus making it an itouch with a camera! If there is no current unlock for my phone available (I don't think there is).

The joys of living in Central America. We don't have AT&T or Verizon services. Only one monopoly cell phone company. The nice thing is that my monthly cell bill is around $12...

Most reactions

Latest posts