What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes 9.2 Spirit Fix

Linkage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just noticed a lot of people are still trying to work around the whole iTunes 9.2 issues with SpiritJb as I was a week or so ago, and then i came across this iTunes 9.2 FIX which worked wonders for me.

My iPad is not jailbroken and cydia etc works fine, no issues and no deadly reboot loop.

Hope it helps

- Link

laserheart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might want to mention that this is Windows-only?

Is there a patch for the Mac version of iTunes?

iFitz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just noticed a lot of people are still trying to work around the whole iTunes 9.2 issues with SpiritJb as I was a week or so ago, and then i came across this iTunes 9.2 FIX which worked wonders for me.

My iPad is not jailbroken and cydia etc works fine, no issues and no deadly reboot loop.

Hope it helps

- Link

Your iPad is not jailbroken? That's the whole point of this thread isn't it - to show how it's possible to jailbreak under iTunes 9.2?

laserheart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That patch is for Windows only, so if you're on a Mac don't bother wasting your time like I did.

If you're on a Mac, download iTunes 9.1.1 from Apple's site, remove 9.2 off of your system, install 9.1.1, then use the Spiritjb, then reinstall iTunes 9.2.

Worked for me. Nobody else was able to (or wanted to) explain this.

No problems using 9.2 after that.

TitoLabido

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to restore my iPad WIFi JB'd from Spirit and re-jailbreak. I have iTunes 9.1.1 and no matter what I do when I hit restore it asks me, to turn on automatic updates before restore, with no other option. Then I click the rest of the restore prompts, and it starts to download iTunes 9.2. At that point I of course abort.

I can't figure out how to restore with iTunes 9.1.1 without it automatically prompting me to download and install 9.2 before doing it. I'd rather not risk the 9.2 after some things I have read since I hope to re-jailbreak.

Can I download the ispw for iOS 3.2 then hold shift+command and restore from there?

Any solutions? I am sort of stuck.

Cheers!
Tito

Most reactions

Latest posts