What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with iPad 3/4G+WiFi version owner worldwide!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lyndon23 said:
Since purchasing my new iPad, I have also noticed a significant increase in Global Warming... ...however, 3G seems to be working OK!

I've noticed a significant increase in global warnings since the new iPad was released. :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NewForce said:
@f4780y: Yes, we're having the same issue across Singapore, now it's across worldwide.

In my good old iPad2 64GB 3G+WiFi days, I did not suffer this problem. I left both WiFi and 3G connection on 24/7 during my time with iPad2 for more than 5 months. Both networks connection are able to auto switching seamlessly at any go out, go work, go home, go underpass, go subway ocassion without a single hiccup. Not so with the "new iPad" as it requiring a DAILY 3~5 time reboot when 3G data could not be activated before my ISP resetting my iPad data line in their network. Now it happened once daily or in the next day.

So, this is a new iPad and 3G issue (meaning not 4g) or is this an iOS 5.1 + new iPad issue?

Is anyone using LTE on the new iPad seeing this issue?

OP
N

NewForce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@AQ_OC, I've believed someone on Verizon & AT&T are having the same issue like my mentioning.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@AQ_OC, I've believed someone on Verizon & AT&T are having the same issue like my mentioning.

I'm happy that I'm not having issues, but hope you get a solution soon.

OP
N

NewForce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quite a strong powerful posting, message wise, for your very 1st post. ;-)
I've had no issues at all when using 3G so far, though I believe 3 or 4 other forum members have mentioned problems when using their 3G connection.

Not sure how many of the other 3.5 million new iPad3 owners have experienced similiar issues. ;-) Though not all will have or be using 3/4G of course. So, based on a handful of users with this problem, and little feedback so far from the other 3 million+ I think it may be a bit premature to begin calling it a 'GLOBAL' issue for everyone.. well it can't be 'ALL' as mine, and my youngest sons new iPad3 would have the same problem.
So that's 2 I know of that are working okay...lol.. unless it's something lurking inside waiting to happen, certainly hope not, though as more and more users get round to using their 3G we may get more. It's certainly early days yet to form anything definitive. Lets hope it's just a few thats affected. It may also be the network provider itself that may be causing the odd problem.. so that also needs to be diagnostically eliminated.

As the previous poster stated, simply return it and get it replaced.. but I think I would be trying another 3G Network provider first.

I've must say you're 1 out of 3.5 milions lucky one :)
I've also believed among all the 3.5 millions there are many WiFi verion new iPad users, so they are not able to encounter or duplicate our headache. The reason I've used the word "GLOBAL WARNIG", initially, the problem happened across 3~4 continents, not just in Singapore and SEA, but also in the US, Europe and other Asia countries.

Lastly I or many others who's having the problem would like to offer help to pray hard for your 2 fine new iPad (how wish we are to have your new iPad). Hope you can do like wise for us too. Many thanks in advance. :)

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have to reboot my Ipad 3 most of the time when turning on 3G with verizon. I don't have 4G/LTE coverage but next time I go to Charlotte I'll try it (I'm in western NC/US). We are to get 4G /LTE by end of summer. My Ipad One was wifi only so I can't compare but I will say 3G is faster than I expected even if I do have to reboot occasionally. I do not leave it on all the time so am not sure if auto switching works. It is ironic LOL that 4G extends to just south of us but enough to cover the new Apple server farm about 5 miles from me.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't rebooted since a few days after I got the new iPad. Still, no problems moving between wifi locations and 4g locations. I'm in a McDonald's at the moment which is not the one I normally get coffee from on the way to work. Getting 22 Mbps down/up at this location. My phone on 3G gets 1.58/0.82 Mbps d/u.

OP
N

NewForce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sad but it's true, today I connected my new iPad with only cellular data on (and wifi was off), yet I needed to reboot twice in order to get back the 3G connection. If a fix are not in time, I might just as well sell off this rotten Apple new iPad for better 3G connection like Asus Transformer Prime or Samsung Galaxy TAB 7.7/8.9/10.1. Think it's almost time to let go and move on.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just got back from that McDonalds I was in this morning. The switch back to wifi was flawless.

janet794

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an issue starting the 3G/4G on my iPad. It took 5 days and the "God" of technicians at Verizon to correct the problem. It was not an Apple issue, but a Verizon issue. It is working great now. We don't have 4G anywhere around here, just 3G. Again a Verizon issue. I traveled to Virginia recently and turned off the LTE, uses too much data! Very nice to be able to switch to the slower speed!!!! I do the pay as you go feature instead of a subscription. There is so much WiFi available.....why pay for cellular on a subscription basis??????
Don't believe the connection issues is an Apple issue, the technician seemed to indicate Verizon was not prepared for the IPad. Verizon dropped the ball.....

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
janet794 said:
I had an issue starting the 3G/4G on my iPad. It took 5 days and the "God" of technicians at Verizon to correct the problem. It was not an Apple issue, but a Verizon issue. It is working great now. We don't have 4G anywhere around here, just 3G. Again a Verizon issue. I traveled to Virginia recently and turned off the LTE, uses too much data! Very nice to be able to switch to the slower speed!!!! I do the pay as you go feature instead of a subscription. There is so much WiFi available.....why pay for cellular on a subscription basis??????
Don't believe the connection issues is an Apple issue, the technician seemed to indicate Verizon was not prepared for the IPad. Verizon dropped the ball.....

Just want point out a subtle point....LTE does not use anymore data than 3G. It just moves the data faster. Webpages on 3G will use the same amount of data as they do on LTE...same when watching a movie....same amount of data is used on both...watch a movie for an hour, same data downloaded. the same would be true when watching YouTube videos. Data is data.

Now, because 4g is faster....if you do stuff like download images from the web and save them on your iPad, then they will come down faster....and because they come down faster, you may find yourself downloading more images and files. Then, you will be using more data...and that may result in your using up your allocation quicker and getting charged extra because of it.

janet794

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, it appears to be true...........such kind and gentle folks own Apple products......

OP
N

NewForce

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You're such a lucky girl. How wishful we are to have your "God Verizon Technician" on our side to serve us. Many of our ISP Engineer, including Technician, are not able to solve our headache permanently.

Anyway, some good news coming up. 1 fellow in my country Singapore spoken to Apple Senior Representative, Apple Singapore has got noted this issue. New iOS release is coming our way to rectify this problem. Below jonrenz with an Apple Senior Representative statements for all references.

29-03-2012, 11:22 AM
jonrenz
Latest update from appple
Just called apple this morning, they said they have noted this issue since monday due to many similar cases. Require all those facing the same issue to give them a call to provide them some information. Senior rep told me that once their technical team has solved this, they will informed customer thru email/phone to perform an update via iTunes. So currently, other than to powe cycle, not much else you can do. No use calling Singtel as well as Apple said this is a software issue.
Link to the post, www.hardwarezone.com.sg - View Single Post - Anyone having a problem with iPad 3 and Singtel
Link to the full thread, Anyone having a problem with iPad 3 and Singtel - www.hardwarezone.com.sg

OP
N

NewForce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This morning my new iPad 3G connection come back alive AFTER 3 REBOOT. Omg such a bad day for me. I've notices each instances happened after I've come out from 3 different basement carpark where there's no data connection. Remembered this is with only 3G cellular data set to on, there's no WiFi on.
Now I'm just wondering how long can I take it and how long can i hold on to this rotten new iPad... Help Apple pleasehelp... Even thought functionality might not to my best liking but I like your tablet as it is the most chic tablet to carrying around.
Btw, I went back to my iPad ISP Singtel today again. Again the service girl the best helps she could offer me was with another complete new SIM card for my iPad plan line, abd she will help to escalate the problem to higher management to discuss with Apple. Unfortunately thought, she could not get any higher senior management person to call me for any result they discuss with Apple.
The Singtel service girl said, if problem like this new iPad happened, and in many country across 3 continents it must be the Apple new iPad hardware issue. She also mentioned, maybe the next iOS release will help to rectify the problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts