What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with Air

Helen289

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds to be a software problem. Go to a Apple store so they can have a look and tell you what is happening. You can spent hours trying to find a solution and even you find one it might be just a short-term solution and then the problem comes again. Since you have the warranty just talk to them to see what they have to say . Good luck :)

xxxx. please do not post links to other forum sites . Xxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hope I'm not tempting fate but my Air hasn't crashed in days, I'm just doing the usual things I always do and it's been fine, very strange.

RandyM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Information about the iOS 7.1 beta surfaced on another forum I follow , some of the forum members have been using the beta on the IPad Air and are reporting much faster speeds less crashes in apps but safari and other browsers are still causing reboots.
This was also posted...-

"Crash logs will not appear in Diagnostics & Usage Data in Settings. The logs will still be available when synced off the device."

This I don't understand, why will you only know about them after sync? Will Apple still get them if diagnostic information is being sent from our iPads?

This prompted a fury of posts that some say it I s Apples way of hiding the crash problem from iPad buyers. To some saying its Apples way of covering up the issue that the air doesn't have enough ram..

I don't want to believe either is true ..

A few people that are using the beta said since this is only the first beta release no one should jump to conclusion that the crash issues can not be fixed

This is the one I want to believe

I would like to wish all forum members a happy and safe holiday season

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Information about the iOS 7.1 beta surfaced on another forum I follow , some of the forum members have been using the beta on the IPad Air and are reporting much faster speeds less crashes in apps but safari and other browsers are still causing reboots. This was also posted...- "Crash logs will not appear in Diagnostics & Usage Data in Settings. The logs will still be available when synced off the device." This I don't understand, why will you only know about them after sync? Will Apple still get them if diagnostic information is being sent from our iPads? This prompted a fury of posts that some say it I s Apples way of hiding the crash problem from iPad buyers. To some saying its Apples way of covering up the issue that the air doesn't have enough ram.. I don't want to believe either is true .. A few people that are using the beta said since this is only the first beta release no one should jump to conclusion that the crash issues can not be fixed This is the one I want to believe I would like to wish all forum members a happy and safe holiday season
You're commenting on beta software that is not intended for General release. Issues occurring in a beta release are to be expected and any known issues will be resolved before iOS 7.1 is released to the public. As a matter of interest, the bug relating to crash logs was resolved in iOS 7.1 beta 2 and they now appear in Diagnostics & Usage Data in Settings.

If anyone who is not a registered iOS developer is thinking about trying to download iOS 7.1 beta software, don't do it. Apple has beefed up security and unauthorized users who try may find their devices rendered unusable as a result of the Activation Lock not recognizing them or their device as being registered with the iOS Developer program.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hope I'm not tempting fate but my Air hasn't crashed in days, I'm just doing the usual things I always do and it's been fine, very strange.
How wonderful! Hopefully it will stick to this behaviour. :)
Maybe your iPad knows that Christmas is near? ;-)

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree please think before you post when one discusses beta software. Discussions of this nature can totally confuse end users most of which have not a clue what beta means.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just upgraded my iPad 1 to a 16Gb Air with Cellular and WiFi.. (What a difference!). The main reason I have an iPad is for web browsing when I'm out and about. I've visited a lot of sites in the last 24 hrs using Safari and haven't had one crash yet. (Touch wood :) ) . I even browsed that 9to5 page.....

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just upgraded my iPad 1 to a 16Gb Air with Cellular and WiFi.. (What a difference!). The main reason I have an iPad is for web browsing when I'm out and about. I've visited a lot of sites in the last 24 hrs using Safari and haven't had one crash yet. (Touch wood :) ) . I even browsed that 9to5 page.....

Excellent. This issue doesn't seem to affect everyone equally and it does seem to depend on what sites you visit and who knows what else! Going from the first gen iPad to the Air is quite an upgrade..... Cool!

RandyM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree please think before you post when one discusses beta software. Discussions of this nature can totally confuse end users most of which have not a clue what beta means.

My apologies is was never my intent to tell anyone to try to install any software or confuse anyone. I won't be posting anything anymore to the forums here, my apologies if anyone was confused by anything I posted

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just thought i would resurrect this thread as i am interested to know if any of you are still experiencing crashes, Mine does still crash sometimes but nowhere near as often as it did before, Its not really a too much of problem now....So how are yours all doing now?

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just thought i would resurrect this thread as i am interested to know if any of you are still experiencing crashes, Mine does still crash sometimes but nowhere near as often as it did before, Its not really a too much of problem now....So how are yours all doing now?

Good to hear you've seen some improvements. Mine never had any issues but I have been reading that iOS 7.1 does a LOT regarding taking care of these issues so hang in there. Has anything changed as far as your usage or whatever? Curious as to why it's better all of a sudden or with no OS update?

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm still seeing 2-3 crashes per day. No change for me. I'm hoping 7.1 helps reduce the problem.

Sent from my iPad Air using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts