What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issue with Siri

STeBoS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using an iPad4 JB on 6.0. Every time I ask Siri about the weather I crash into safe mode. I did install and try out a few weather widgets with iWidgets but didn't like them and removed them along with My Location. I also tried out Assistant Enhancer making sure to disable "standard" and " sbstoggles" but removed it as it was very buggy. Crash Reporter is telling me the main culprit is "weatherassistantui" but I don't think I can delete that without screwing up Siri. I've tried rebooting, cleaning and uninstalling unneeded tweaks. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds to me like Assistant Enhancer may have caused the problems. Since it is a paid tweak, have you tried getting in touch with the author for assistance?

OP
STeBoS

STeBoS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I came across a few tidbits around the net that seem to think it's the evasion jailbreak. I would've thought more people would mention it as it took some digging to find that. It's funny too because if you mention the word " weather" it crashes. Very strange.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I came across a few tidbits around the net that seem to think it's the evasion jailbreak. I would've thought more people would mention it as it took some digging to find that. It's funny too because if you mention the word " weather" it crashes. Very strange.

I'd find that hard to believe, since the package is marked as IOS 6 compatible and the only IOS6 JB is evasi0n. It is extremely rare for the jailbreak itself to cause an issue, since issues with stability are normally ironed out within the first fews days / weeks. It is pretty much impossible that there would be a fundamental flaw in the JB at this stage in proceedings.

Hope you find a solution.

OP
STeBoS

STeBoS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll keep trying. I am stuck on 6.0 and used my original evasion download to jailbreak. Got a new iPad so I was stuck on 6.0 as 6.1.3 had already come out. I'll live with it until the 7.0 jailbreak(?).

robocup555

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello ! I have the same probleem with my ipad mini. i tryed many things to sort the problem including the tweak ILEX R.A.T, but without success . the ipad crashes when Siri hear the word "Weather" in any language and the word " Stock Exchange" (bourse in french) . have you found any solution. thanks

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What Cydia tweaks do you have installed. Use AppInfo and AppList, and copy and paste the list of installed items.

OP
STeBoS

STeBoS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello ! I have the same probleem with my ipad mini. i tryed many things to sort the problem including the tweak ILEX R.A.T, but without success . the ipad crashes when Siri hear the word "Weather" in any language and the word " Stock Exchange" (bourse in french) . have you found any solution. thanks

I've tried this as well. Without any tweaks installed it still crashes. I've given up asking Siri and installed WeatherUnderground for Notification Center from Big Boss. Works perfectly.

Please read comics

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There's only 1 cause for stock iOS apps to be crashing, and that's from installing that tweak that let's you installed illegitimate apps. Even if you do use ILEX RAT to soft restore the device, the changes to the system plists are still there.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts