What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is your iPad battery better since iOS 5 upgrade?

Is your iPad battery better since iOS 5 upgrade?

• Better

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Worse

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • No Change

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

roger3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Newbi,just bought I pad mag,looks a bit daunting. Regarding battery I am not yet sure .Roger by the way help from Cardiff south Wales u.k.

retepaeg44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Battery life is CONSIDERABLY worse, in fact it has reached the point where I have to leave the unit on permanent charge to be able to guarantee that it's usable when I want to use it!
I find the device not very usable in any event, as it has a Klutzy Operating System and absurdly paranoicly protective interface.
Apple appear to be in denial over the failings of the device.
How any Company can release an Upgrade that actually degrades performance smacks of an arrogance that is unblieveable.

No doubt there will be a huge number sold over Christmas thanks to upbeat Marketing.
Wonder how many will be condemned to sit next to a power outlet therefater while waiting for Apple to get to the Core of the problem, instead at just nibbling at the situation.

Not impressed, not recommending to anyone else and certainly not EVER buying an Apple product again !

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Fairwayman said:
About the same, 8-10% per hr.

Same here - I put it on charge overnight and use it for most of the day with no problem.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
retepaeg44 said:
How any Company can release an Upgrade that actually degrades performance smacks of an arrogance that is unblieveable.

No performance degradation after upgrading to 5 on an iPad 2. Can't see what all the fuss is about.

punkBarbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My battery's gone bad again. I updated my software to 5. 1 or something like that and that just ruined it for me. Can i revert back to 5?

jeff4h

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a upgrade on my original iPad and the battery life went way down. I sold it and bought a ipad2 upgraded immediately to 5.1 and get longer battery life than a ever did with the original

mr_president

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do see an increase in battery

Sent from Mr_President's iPad using iPF. 32GB 3g

Ipad2_Gamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fairwayman said:
About the same, 8-10% per hr.

Umm haven't really payed attention but with the music section it's a possibility it is better. But helps me is useing less light when need :) Nd turning wifi off when no tin use.

Ipad2_Gamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ringkoypaglinawan said:
I had done "quit Apps" and "restart the iPad" and they don't help in slightest way.

Sorry for the hesistation on "reset the iPad". Is there any ill-effect that it has to boldly highlight to do it ONLY if the device is not responsive? My iPad is responding quite well. My only problem is this ridiculously fast battery consumption since upgrading to ios5.

It's crazy having 70% in the morning and dropped to 0% in just 4 hours while " notes" only.

Wow thats something's wrong I think maybe turn it in maybe it uses battery but note lol... Idono how that drains...

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The reset you need to do is hold the home button and the sleep button until the apple appears. Then wait until the iPad restarts. This is like rebooting a pc.

Most reactions

Latest posts