What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there away to remove appls from the appstore update list/notice?

dynax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys, gals

Recently, because of the change in the Kindle reader, I decided to not update Kindle to a newest version. So right now I have that flagged as “update†available.

It’s annoying since I can’t just click on “Update all†to update all my other appls. I have to update appls one by one at the moment.

Is there away to make it so that Kindle will never get flagged as update available and removed it from the update list in the appstore?

Thank you

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, there's no way to prevent that update from showing up in the App Store or to stop that badge showing on your icon.

There used to be a jail break application but it doesn't work on 4.3 (only on iOS 4.2).

Sorry.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, if you are careful you can do this manually. Using iFile navigate to the application folder and edit the iTunesMetadata.plist. I believe if you change the itemId field to a single digit number (e.g. "1") then you should not be bugged for updates.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU MESS THIS UP! TAKE A BACKUP COPY BEFORE YOU CHANGE THE PLIST! RESTORE THE BACKUP COPY IF YOU EVER WANT TO UPGRADE AGAIN

Most reactions

Latest posts