What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there any chance of imac help !

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
check your software updates too, first..
do the essentials one and whatever you think.

OP
Macette

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Poser said:
check your software updates too, first..
do the essentials one and whatever you think.

It's done I now have a Lion in the house. All went very well and you guys were very helpful thank you. Took 1hr 15 min. from start to finish. I have done a software update after the install so here's hoping it keeps going well. If you can think of any preferences that should be adjusted please let me know.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
although i updated safari before grabbing Lion, i didn't recognize any slow behaviour, but i found my safari to be slow since using Lion, and seeked an answer and found this....https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3199056?start=0&tstart=0

i did it!!!!!!

copied and paste:
Jul 22, 2011 7:31 AM
For some reason, since I updated my brand new 13 inch MBP to Lion, Safari runs slow as a dog. All my other internet based applications including Chrome run at normal speed. I also verifed this by pinging Google.com on this Mac and on a different one.

I tried clearing the cache and resetting Safari. I also do not have any 3rd party antivirus/firewalls installed. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks.

SOLUTION: Hopefully this helps someone else out.

Close Safari, then open Terminal. Type:

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

You will then be able to see ~/Library in the Finder. Goto ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.safari/. Delete the Cache.db file. Restart Safari and you should be all set.
For some reason the "Reset Safari" and "Empty Cache..." don't seem to be working...

who doesn't wanna do the red, can do this...
You don't actually need to use Terminal - you can access ~/Library by clicking on 'Go' at the top of the screen in Finder and then holding down the Option key, which should make Library visible in the list as long as you hold the key down.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts