What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18GB free space and can't copy 1mb file

capted

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered but I have used the search function and can't find an answer.

I use Netatalk.
My JB ipad2 32gb Settings indicates it has 18.5 mb free space.
I have discovered that if I try to copy more than 750Mb to it at one time, whether one file or a group of files to it, I get the message "The item “xxxxxxx_xx_xxx_xx.xxx†can’t be copied because there isn’t enough free space."
If I copy 750mb or less, I can copy to the ipad and the free space goes down as it should.

Is this a Mac problem or a Netatalk problem?
Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks,

capted

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
I think I read somewhere on here that sometimes the memory gets scrambled if you don't delete apps and other items through iTunes, it sorts itself out when you hook up to iTunes and allow it to resynk itself....if your jail broken, make sure you've read the stickies before you connect, that way you don't click the wrong thing.

Most reactions