What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my ipod touch 2 is bricked and need help to restore

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now before you start laughing at me because I am the one seeking help I just want you to know I have exausted all my ideas on how to fix this problem. knowing we have heaps of experts in the forum I am hoping some one out there can fix my ipod touch so my lovely partner can enjoy it again

I have an ipod touch 2nd generation that is unlocked and has been working fine. The ipod touch was given to my partners daughter whom changed users on my Macbook and proceeded to restore it.

Restored failed:confused: and is now in permanent recovery mode with black screen with error 1600 showing every time we try. Further more the Mac book with Itunes cannot identify the serial number or specs of the ipod

I have tried to sort issue on a PC with latest itunes down load with out sucess. Also searched the web and found nothing that really answers the question except they talk about jail breaking the ipod ???? I want it back to normal.

The equipement i have at home is:
Ipod Touch 2
Macbook 2008 with snow leopard os
itunes latest version
I have access to PC's as I sell them where I am employed
So is there any one out there whom can help PLEASE

Thanks Col

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe it's time to upgrade! I also have a 2nd gen iPod Touch and have been considering an upgrade. As good as the iPad is, I still can't put it in my shirt pocket when I cut grass. I have 3 acres and I need a lot of music!

OP
col.bris

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know one last try I have one iPhone 3 drowned in water. Insurance claim and one bricked iPod plus i sold my ipad on ebay lol. Can't play scrabble against each other till replacements arrive

Fingers crossed I can find an answer

Most reactions