What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there an App for that? (if there is, I'm assuming I need to JB the iPad)

mk1151

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello community - I've spent hours running searching here and through the App store.

I assume this is the right place for this question.

Is there an app that lets me consolidate the file system of the various apps on the iPad?

For example, to be able to pull down a file in/with Air Sharing HD and make that file available to Keynote or Pages, or take an attachment from an e-mail and send it to Quick Office or Office2 HD.

It seems that the App Store Apps all create their own siloed directory structure. Would be great if there was a way to expose them all to each other as well...

Thank you!

Umdterps2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.vikrampant.com
As you seem to know from research, the architecture of the iPhone is to sandbox each app. This prevents apps from knowing the existence of each other. I wanted to write an app once that shared what apps a person has installed, but my app wouldn't have access to the other sandboxes.

One way around hid, online only though, is to use drop box. (haven't actually used drop box but read reviews that claim this feature of opening from web third party editors)

OP
M

mk1151

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you seem to know from research, the architecture of the iPhone is to sandbox each app. This prevents apps from knowing the existence of each other. I wanted to write an app once that shared what apps a person has installed, but my app wouldn't have access to the other sandboxes.

One way around hid, online only though, is to use drop box. (haven't actually used drop box but read reviews that claim this feature of opening from web third party editors)

Thank you for the reply - I do have dropbox and iDisk accounts which is how I'm doing the swaps now. It's just unfortunate that Apple has sandboxed everything.

It would be great if there was a "My Computer" app that let you see all the files then you could tap a file and choose which app to use to open it.

I'm no developer so I don't know if that is even possible.

Again, I appreciate the fast reply!

Most reactions

Latest posts