What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Top 5 Cydia iPad Apps & Tweaks To Install For 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipad2master

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Top 5 iPad Apps choices for year 2012

1. Winterboard ( Allows you to change the themes on your iPad and it is the hub for where all your themes are stored when you install them from Cydia).

2. bigU Movies iPad (Allows you to stream or download new full movies in very high quality.) Damn alot of ppl installed this app already!

3. iFile (Allow you to have complete control over your iPad and access root permissions and system file directories.)

4. 3G Unrestrictor (Allows you to trick your iPad into thinking it's on WiFi when really on 3G so you can get HD Youtube videos, use Facetime on 3G and download larger apps and also great for Skype on 3G.)

5. TVOut2 (Allows you to view your iPad and all apps including games on your TV.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
activator - cause i make use of it.

gridlock - spaced out. soon to get iconoclasm(you should get)

MT Gestures theme - swipe away.

scrollingboard - sweet. don't forget about the extras(get them).

xBackup - cause i need to.

Last edited:

DevinB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My top 5 fav Cydia apps are as follows.

1. FaceTime Surveillance (Great for watching my baby)

2. Mask (Change the shape of my Home Screen icons)

3. ***** MODERATED *****

4. Locktopus (I love being able to lock any app I own)

5. Display Recorder (I sometime record my iPad screen and for Youtube videos and this comes in hand)

Where do you find FaceTime Surveillance?

Last edited by a moderator:

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if I can name five, but XBMC should definitely be on here. I'm almost wishing that I didn't spend so much on a home theater computer now.

rookiedj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having a lot of troubles paying for bigU.

Signed up alert pay, verified credit card, and now I can't deposit funds to the account with the credit card even though it's verified.

Can only add funds using bank wire which will cost 20usd extra and will take couple days.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Geez... So difficult to pay!

skittles101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ladylucky said:
My top 5 fav Cydia apps are as follows.

1. FaceTime Surveillance (Great for watching my baby)

2. Mask (Change the shape of my Home Screen icons)

3. bigU Movies (what can I say, i'm a movie girl)

4. Locktopus (I love being able to lock any app I own)

5. Display Recorder (I sometime record my iPad screen and for Youtube videos and this comes in hand)

How do Locktopus work? i didn't see a icon on the springboard.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Locktopus doesn't have an icon; you do all the settings/maintenance through the Settings app. The biggest thing you do in Settings is set up your password (the default, IIRC, is "password."

It works by (1) getting the icons to wiggle and then (2) just press the small lock icon at the bottom left of the icon you wish to lock. Then, one press of the home button to stop the wiggling and you are done. It works in the reverse to remove a password, BTW... Oh, and it's the same password for every one you lock.

When you try to access a locked app, you get a pop-up that requests a password. Enter it in and the app opens. Very handy tweak, that.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions