What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is there a way to upload a doc into a website

napervlln

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to upload a .pdf into a website. In iPad Safari the choose document button is greyed out.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No way that I know of, but you could upload it to Dropbox and link to it.

Edit: oh, and welcome!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
You cant do it via HTTP like your saying where you click browse and select a file.

However with most websites you should be able to upload files via FTP. Download an FTP app.

ktm950se

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings,
Could you use ReaddleDocs for iPad to attach a doc on your iPad to a website?

ktm950se

IeyJoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
did this apparently successfully but when I went to the website again the link to the pdf file opened with
dropbox LOCKED. So I'm back to square one. The webite is a publi site whiich I edit for my group

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IeyJoe said:
did this apparently successfully but when I went to the website again the link to the pdf file opened with
dropbox LOCKED. So I'm back to square one. The webite is a publi site whiich I edit for my group

Hi there and welcome, first off, you would be better to start a new thread rather than add to such an old one however.....in answer to your query, have you tried iCab browser app as I believe that this can upload docs. Otherwise maybe something like GoodReader (an app which everyone should have) which has FTP functionality.

The Archangel

IeyJoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Hi there and welcome, first off, you would be better to start a new thread rather than add to such an old one however.....in answer to your query, have you tried iCab browser app as I believe that this can upload docs. Otherwise maybe something like GoodReader (an app which everyone should have) which has FTP functionality.

The Archangel

Thank you. Re iCab, I opemed the details and read through them carefully, but on reading the details I noted that it did not include opening an iPad's pdf file iin a website. Inn the end, I had to email the pdf file and being able to open a pdf file from an iPad did not cover what I needed. The same applied to iStorage.
I have succeeded in transferring the file at last, but had to retrieve the URL from the download log on the ppc after e-mailigg the file from the iPad to the PC and then e-mailing the URL back to the iPad. Once I had the Url I was able to uploaad the pdf file on to the website via Safaari. Pease excuse any errors, but for some reaon or other this text is about 6pt and I cannot see how to enlarge it.

Most reactions

Latest posts