What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to setup iPad to confirm a purchase before buying?

cruiser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to setup my iPad to confirm purchases before buying something?

I currently enter my credit card info to purchase 1 item and then i switch it back to no credit card. (So I don't accidentally buy something.) I don't like the way iTunes and the App store is currently set up. Its too easy to "accidentally" hit the buy now button and buy something you really don't want. I want to be able to hit the buy now button and get a "are you really sure you want to purchase this" warning before my credit card gets charged.

Sorry for rambling but I cannot find a better solution that continually entering my credit card info for a purchase and then deleting the credit card info when I'm done. I didn't know if someone else had a better suggestion.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont think there is,,, i think you just have to be very careful. In fact, when you purchase something from iTunes it takes days before they send out a receipt or confirmation.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before making a purchase they do ask you to input your account password so what is the problem here?

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before making a purchase they do ask you to input your account password so what is the problem here?

Thats a good point.... you cant get a warning any better than that.. If you go beyond entering your login info, then you really, really want the App....

OP
C

cruiser

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Mine doesn't ask me for my account password. If i click buy now, it processes the purchase immediately. Is there something I need to check to make sure it asks for my password?

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the device stores the iTunes password for 15 min in case you want to make other purchases.

Sounds more like an easy way to spend money to me....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iTunes account will retain the password for a few minutes, but will ask you about any purchase before processing it. It is not any different than most on-line retailers. If you are really worried about using a credit card, most will have methods of creating one off card numbers for individual purchases. Some of them have streamlined it to where you can create semi-permanent card numbers for each vendor. If someone manages to steal it from vendor X and tries to use it for Vendor Y, it will reject.

lwhite89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what about free apps?

I understand what you all are saying that if you are purchasing an app, you have to enter your AppleID account password...but what is concerning is this also happens even if you are downloading a free app. It has happened to me that I thought I clicked on the free app but accidentally clicked the paid one and then ended up buying an app I wasn't sure if I really wanted to purchase. It would be nice if they were able to confirm the amount of the purchase as well.

Most reactions