What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to get VLC Media Player to play MP3 files?

jsherk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anyway to get VLC Media Player to recognize and play MP3 files? I can drop .mp4 video files into Media directory and it will recognize them, but it won't recognize them.

Does iPad have some kind of filetypes registration that assigns a filetype to an app?

Thanks

Reaction score
Goodreader will play mp3's and you can link it to a Dropbox acc. You can also drag and drop to it in iTunes using app sharing from any comp with iTunes.

I never liked vlc player app even for movies I much prefer avplayerhd.

OP
J

jsherk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you modify filetype registrations associated with programs??

Is there anyway you can modify the default filetypes that are associated with each program (on iPad 1).

For example, I want to make VLC Player recognize MP3 and be the default for MP3's.

Thanks

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice double thread. Not.
Not that I know of. You can use ifile and select what app you use to open a file, but the selection of apps is very limited.

Hackint0sh814

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Isn't there a better app to use for MP3s than VLC? I'm not even sure I'd want to make that the default even if I could IMHO.

Most reactions