What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to calibrate the touch screen?

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad seems to be off a bit vertically. When I make a choice the actual choice is about 1/4 inch above where I am touching. I can't find a way to calibrate the screen. Is there a way?

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should never need to calibrate the touch.
Have you tried rebooting (complete power down, power up)?

GaurhothW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad seems to be off a bit vertically. When I make a choice the actual choice is about 1/4 inch above where I am touching. I can't find a way to calibrate the screen. Is there a way?

If you have jailbroken, uninstall OpenSSH (or restore to default eliminating the jailbreak). I don't know the details, but I've read threads attributing that exact symptom to OpenSSH.

Floatinhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well this is not the best solution to your problem, it's only temporary!

Like I said, it's deffanitly NOT the best method and it's only a temporary fix, but I don't think any one should try it because it may cause it to be worse, or damage your iPod! So don't blame me if you make it worse because I warned you!

Ok well this always seems to work for me, but keep in mind my iPod is an old 3rd gen that's has been through alot. The washer, thrown around, taken apart to fix the head phone jack (which only made that problem worse, thanks big bro! Lol) and another big brother who is VERY rough with it.

It is a simple solution, but SEIROUSLY and I can't stress this enough only temporary, may cause damage, don't use unless EXTREAMLY DESPET.

Step 1 hit the damn thing on something hard but be very gental, like a table or desk ect. NEVER metal or concert!

Step 2 enjoy you newly "calibrated" iPod lol

Like I said always works for me, but lots of damage all ready.

If you do actualy attempt this then you welcome BUT SEIROUSLY DON'T DO IT UNLESS YOUR DESPRATE, AND DONT MIND DAMAGEING A SOMETHING HUNDRED PEICE OF STEVE JOB'S (may he rest in peace) FINE HIGH QUALITY TECHNOLOGY!

Hope this helps
-floatinhead

Most reactions

Latest posts