What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a difference in the IPAD 3 Smart Cover from the IPAD 2?

enlightened

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unclear at this point if both will fit the new iPad since it is slightly thicker than the iPad2.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mdholm said:
So, I can order the smart cover and back piece from Amazon for the 2 and it will fit the new one?

I am confident about the smart cover fitting, but I'd be careful about a back piece that is fitted for the iPad 2. That might not work. Any case that has a lot of give should likely work. But one of those snap-on cases might not.

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am confident about the smart cover fitting, but I'd be careful about a back piece that is fitted for the iPad 2. That might not work. Any case that has a lot of give should likely work. But one of those snap-on cases might not.

You're right on. I had a conversation with an Incipio salesperson and he said none of the snap-on design cases would fit due to the difference in thickness. With that said, there seemed to a few portfolio-type case makers simply added the "new ipad" to their original web page without changing anything else.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. I want a clear cover for the back; I guess I'll have to wait until the correct one is released.

ChuckinSC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grouchomarx said:
You're right on. I had a conversation with an Incipio salesperson and he said none of the snap-on design cases would fit due to the difference in thickness. With that said, there seemed to a few portfolio-type case makers simply added the "new ipad" to their original web page without changing anything else.

I asked Incipio if they are going to produce a Feather case for the rear of the new iPad. The response was no. I'm sorry to hear this because I use a Feather on my iPad 2 to protect the back of the iPad as well as making it less slippery and easier to hold.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I asked Incipio if they are going to produce a Feather case for the rear of the new iPad. The response was no. I'm sorry to hear this because I use a Feather on my iPad 2 to protect the back of the iPad as well as making it less slippery and easier to hold.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

I am not sure why the Incipio guy would tell you that. There is only black available before the 16th, the rest of the color would come on by April.

Incipio new iPad Smart feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case, new iPad Cases, new iPad Covers, new iPad Sleeves, new iPad Carrying Cases, new iPad Hard Cases, new iPad Protection, new iPad Folio, new iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts