What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a DEL(ete) key on the keyboard

tfisher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes the backspace key is not enough. I need a delete function on the keyboard also. Is there one hidden somewhere?

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think there is. There would need to be arrow keys for a DEL key to be really useful.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your finger is your arrow key. If you hold your finger over text, it becomes a magnifying glass which you can then drag around with your finger. You'll notice the cursor moves around with it, just like how arrow keys would move the cursor around.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did wished for a DEL key before, then I discovered I can just cut them .

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm waiting for someone to create a new improved keyboard that offers the complete arrow nav keys...

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your finger is your arrow key. If you hold your finger over text, it becomes a magnifying glass which you can then drag around with your finger. You'll notice the cursor moves around with it, just like how arrow keys would move the cursor around.

Yea, its not the same. Its annoying compared to simple arrow keys. If I want to go back a couple characters and correct something, its annoying to have to move my hand, hold the screen, delicately move the cursor back, and let go instead of just tapping a left arrow a couple times.

Also, when a text field is at the very top of a screen, its impossible to use the magnifying glass because your finger is directly on top of it or it is off the screen completely. Just adds another step to what should be simple.

Last edited:

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yea, its not the same. Its annoying compared to simple arrow keys. If I want to go back a couple characters and correct something, its annoying to have to move my hand, hold the screen, delicately move the cursor back, and let go instead of just tapping a left arrow a couple times.

Also, when a text field is at the very top of a screen, its impossible to use the magnifying glass because your finger is directly on top of it or it is off the screen completely. Just adds another step to what should be simple.

I was with you in the beginning but after using the magnifying process for awhile it becomes natural.. Keep pratcing, soon you'll sware by it, OR sware at it :p

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm waiting for someone to create a new improved keyboard that offers the complete arrow nav keys...

I think you'll have to wait for Apple to do it. I don't think they allow 3rd parties to replace core elements of the OS like the keyboard. I wish they would shrink the buttons a little and make room for the numbers row. switching between letters an numbers gets to be a pain. I would rather have more smaller keys to hit and not have to switch modes, activate the magnifier and such. At least give us the option to choose a few different layouts. (I know, "options" is not in Apple's vocabulary - they will decide what is best ;) )

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I think you'll have to wait for Apple to do it. I don't think they allow 3rd parties to replace core elements of the OS like the keyboard. I wish they would shrink the buttons a little and make room for the numbers row. switching between letters an numbers gets to be a pain. I would rather have more smaller keys to hit and not have to switch modes, activate the magnifier and such. At least give us the option to choose a few different layouts. (I know, "options" is not in Apple's vocabulary - they will decide what is best ;) )

You are probably right. The now legal jailbreak APPs will offer somthing

JLStrange

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find that I need the apostrophie and numbers on the primay key board. It's irritating to have to change keyboards for those.

skippyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Developers Please...

I find that I need the apostrophie and numbers on the primay key board. It's irritating to have to change keyboards for those.

Please create a keyboard that has numbers, arrow keys and an apostrophe key on the main keyboard - it's OK if the keys are smaller.

Thanks,
Skiperoo

Most reactions

Latest posts