What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the new screen that big of a deal?

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nah. I don't think that's what the poster was referring to. Send off your iPad2 in the mail to Apple? And wait for them to "evaluate it" and then send you a gift card in the mail for the value? An entirely blind process to you? And in the mean time you wait with no iPad?

Lol!! No way. Not gonna happen here. I'll go eBay route before that blind a process. :-/

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i went to kylocal apple store and took along my ipad 2 for comparison, i didn't notice much difference between the two nor did the guy standing next to me (we both compared my ipad2 with the same display model),i'm 95% certain i will wait for the ipad4

You needs some serious eye examination...

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
grouchomarx said:
What you don't know can't hurt you. As long as you don't compare it with the new iPad, you'd be happily.

Unfortunately, I did and there is no turning back.

I did too ! big mistake. Now have to sell my baby of less than a year old. But I figure u get the most dosh towards the new one if you keep upgrading..

Sent from my iPad 2 

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like how clear the type is in iBooks. It is much better then on my iPad (first Gen). This is a great relief to my aging eyes!

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pianoman said:
ummm.. Literal "trade in"? How does this work? What value do they assign to a 32GB white iPad in the trade?

Best Buy has a buyback/trade in program I used. Not sure if it's the best deal, but there was no hassle. Just walked in, they appraised it and gave me cash. Turned around and bought the 3. You can go on their online store also and get a quote.

Last edited:

dalepa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1st hour...

My ipad3 has a purpleish tent when compared to the ipad1... The screen looks just a little better to me so far... No screen WOW factor yet for me...

The speed of typing, download speed and overall app speed is significantly better than the iPad 1

I'm not liking the heat that's coming from the back of the iPad 3

Wow dictation appears to work very well!!

iFan85 said:
I have a gen 1 Ipad and the screen looks GREAT to me. Not sure how it can get any better...Haven't gone out to take a look in person but can somebody help me understand why it's a big deal? I'll get my flame shield out just in case this thread takes a turn for the worst...

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I walked into Best Buy and sold it there. I got about 55% of original retail, which I thought was fair since a corner was dinged.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this issue of better or not is the same issue as most people don't know the difference between 720P and 1080P until you point it out to them. Once they see it, they go wow, I didn't see that elephant in the room. The detailed differences become prominent at that point. Sometimes it is best to let people stay ignorant and happy. If you don’t see a difference great! Keep what you got or do no’t waste your money and instead, get a good deal on the iPad2.

Frankly I am still amazed they got this display out as early as they did. I simply figured it was at least another 6 months to a year off. Argg, did not get my money'’s worth out of theiPad2 but I really like the iPad3. I found it was more fun to look at the screen on the iPhone4 than to run and get the iPad2 sometimes. Now I am all over the iPad3 and enjoy the clean look of everything.

The “New” iPad is a keeper!

Last edited:

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Totally agree, I started on the iPhone 4, so getting an iPad2 felt like going backwards screenwise - so I just could not bring myself to pick it up.
While not everyone's eyes seem to be capable of distinguishing HD, just like about 10% of the population cannot see 3D, and fewer still are color blind. So while the tablet is not for everyone, the 3 is what I was waiting for and there was no disappointed.

Last edited:

Evan2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thks for firming up what I needed to hear. Difference between iPad1 (2 years old here now) and new iPad. Will get one in a month or so. Hopefully good for 3 years.

ipad2quoi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While not everyone's eyes seem to be capable of distinguishing HD, just like about 10% of the population cannot see 3D, and fewer still are color blind. So while the tablet is not for everyone, the 3 is what I was waiting for and there was no disappointed.

Thanks to you. Thanks to help me realize I cannot discover the # between 720p and 1080i, I am in the 10% who cannot see 3D and I am probably color blind (my family, my friends, my professional buddies would be stunned and mad at me that I have hidden those deficiencies all my life).
Not everything is lost for I can see a very slight # between the two screens as long as someone can push me to notice the big, huge, outstanding, and clearly overwhelming #.

Most reactions

Latest posts