What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the new screen that big of a deal?

iFan85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a gen 1 Ipad and the screen looks GREAT to me. Not sure how it can get any better...Haven't gone out to take a look in person but can somebody help me understand why it's a big deal? I'll get my flame shield out just in case this thread takes a turn for the worst...

princessbing1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The resolution on the original iPad is good but do a side by side comparison between the two and you will see a noticeable difference. All three iPads are beautiful. You can't go wrong with any of them.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the iPad 2-and I marvel over the brightness and clarity of my screen. :)

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Until you try it you will never know what it is like. And all the other features are very interesting I am dictating this using the microphone on the unit, something I have never done before and it's doing it perfectly. Well, almost perfectly

The screen looks so much better, but it is hard to define. It is like my first HDTV, it just ruins lesser definition screens.

Last edited:

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is totally noticeable. Setting up my new iPad then looking back at my 2 you can see the difference. To me it would be like watching tv in standard def vs high def. It was already hard enough using my iPhone 4s then looking back at my iPad 2 but since the screen was much larger it didn't really matter till now. Other than that though it is slightly faster in side by side tests I have done...

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some folks might not be "visual" enough to appreciate the difference. It's ok not to upgrade because others are.

Last edited:

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Some folks might not be "visual" enough to appreciate the difference. It's ok not to upgrade because others are.

My 2 isn't even a year old yet!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Went into best buy to p/u my new iPad. Ask them if they had demos out. They pointed to the demo table and said two are new and the other two are the iPad 2. I could not tell which was which maybe my eyes are bad? So I didn't buy the new one, yet.

"Post are better with pictures ".

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:

"YOU LIE!"

Just kidding:). That was Apple talking through me.... As I sit here happily typing on my iPad 1st gen.. :)

I did grab a new iPad last night because it was available in front of me, yet I have not yet opened it. A coworker has been playing with his "3" all afternoon comparing it to his 1st gen and emailing me his play by play review,,,, states its definitely a good upgrade from the iPad 1.

As others have mentioned: they're all good

Cheers

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My 2 isn't even a year old yet!!

I bought my 2 on release day. I bought my 3 on release day. Assuming I can sell my 3 for a decent price, I will get a 4 on release day. These things have wonderful resale value. The same cannot be said for my Android tablet. I might have to give it away to be free of it. Plus it is clunky acting and looking.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I bought my 2 on release day. I bought my 3 on release day. Assuming I can sell my 3 for a decent price, I will get a 4 on release day. These things have wonderful resale value. The same cannot be said for my Android tablet. I might have to give it away to be free of it. Plus it is clunky acting and looking.

You know that will be six months from now...

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Amp1216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KJSmitty said:
"YOU LIE!"

Just kidding:). That was Apple talking through me.... As I sit here happily typing on my iPad 1st gen.. :)

I did grab a new iPad last night because it was available in front of me, yet I have not yet opened it. A coworker has been playing with his "3" all afternoon comparing it to his 1st gen and emailing me his play by play review,,,, states its definitely a good upgrade from the iPad 1.

As others have mentioned: they're all good

Cheers

Good upgrade from ipad2 to?

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a gen 1 Ipad and the screen looks GREAT to me. Not sure how it can get any better...Haven't gone out to take a look in person but can somebody help me understand why it's a big deal? I'll get my flame shield out just in case this thread takes a turn for the worst...

What you don't know can't hurt you. As long as you don't compare it with the new iPad, you'd be happily.

Unfortunately, I did and there is no turning back.

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's an iPad 2 32GB sellin' for out there on eBay, etc?

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In a single word 'absolutely'. Let's not also forget the speed increase from the CPU. It's equally impressive IMHO.

Most reactions

Latest posts