What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it worth buying an iPad?

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A new one cost 500 but used you can get them under 400 in a few weeks when apple announces ipad 2 so many will be for sale that you'll be able to get one for 300. Is it worth it is hard to say. Apple overcharges because they can and no other company can equal their devices. If you use a computer alot then you should know the advantage. But yes I think it's worth it but I jailbreak so their is a whole new world when you do that.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPad is great, iPad is not a computer replacement

I have a laptop, netbook, and iPad. The iPad is well worth the price of admission to me (64Gig WIFI and 3G) for surfing the web and reviewing my email sometimes at 65 MPH in a motorhome. Streaming movies via Netflix, news, read mooks and magazines, etc. It is most decidedly not a computer and you cannot load software on it. My netbook is useful for that purpose but is less convenient for what I do with the iPad, has poorer graphics much shorter battery life as well.

They are different tools for different purposes.

Last edited:

wimbledon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a used ipad and almost use it exclusively now and probably more if i was more knowledgeable It is so comfortable and i thought before when i used notebook that there was no point however my preference is always use the ipad now .If you are lean on abudget dont bother However its much easier to transport and the less bulk matters

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:
I have a laptop, netbook, and iPad. The iPad is well worth the price of admission to me (64Gig WIFI and 3G) for surfing the web and reviewing my email sometimes at 65 MPH in a motorhome. Streaming movies via Netflix, news, read mooks and magazines, etc. It is most decidedly not a computer and you cannot load software on it. My netbook is useful for that purpose but is less convenient for what I do with the iPad, has poorer graphics much shorter battery life as well.

They are different tools for different purposes.

I agree that an iPad can't replace a laptop; however, with a virtual network app like Splashtop or LogMeIn, it can become an extension of your computer.

For the past several months, I've been using my iPad at different work sites in New York City to log into my laptop remotely several times throughout my work day using either Splashtop or LogMeIn.

I'll finally get a chance to test out the app from another city when I visit family in Boston this week.

Most reactions

Latest posts