What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it safe to exchange my iPad 2 now?

bsanti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have some light bleeding on all four corners and would like to exchange my iPad, but I don't want to get a new one with the same problem.

Is it safe to exchange now? Are current batches rid of the light bleed problem?

I'm asking here because you guys know more than the so called geniuses at the Apple store.

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think anyone really knows because obviously not everyone who purchases an iPad 2 worldwide winds up here.

Does the light bleeding show up when you are watching movies, playing games, or using general apps? Or does it just show up with a dark empty screen?

I have a couple of light spots that are noticeable only when powering down, but not at any other time. For me, it's not an issue. My LCD monitor does the same thing at power down.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go for it, it's completely random. Mine was in the very first batch and it's perfect, so who knows.

OP
B

bsanti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Watching movies mainly. Top left and bottom right corners are more pronounced.

I had thought with the new topics here lately not involving the light bleed problem, that it may have been resolved.

I realize that I have a year warranty, but after the initial 30 days you aren't guaranteed a new one and will probably get a refurb. Is this true?

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The 3G V 64gb black Ipad 2 I picked up last week works great, I have not noted any light leaks at all.

I would bet that it's only a very small percentage of Ipads that have this problem. You hear about it often as you always hear about problems and never how great a items works

Misho73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rudinater said:
The 3G V 64gb black Ipad 2 I picked up last week works great, I have not noted any light leaks at all.

I would bet that it's only a very small percentage of Ipads that have this problem. You hear about it often as you always hear about problems and never how great a items works

Have u tried the test? Cause other wise u will never see it in regular situations.

I am exchanging mine tonight I will let u know the outcome.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rudinater said:

Have u tried the test? Cause other wise u will never see it in regular situations.

I am exchanging mine tonight I will let u know the outcome.

What a complete waste of time, If I have to run some test to find a other wise unnoticed problem THEN IT'S NOT A PROBLEM.

Swingman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agree. what's the problem if it doesn't happen under normal use?

I went to a dark room and watched part of a movie to check mine and no noticeable light bleed. That's good enough for me.

If seeing light bleed requires a specific test that would never happen under normal use then this is just a case of people making up problems.

Misho73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rudinater said:
What a complete waste of time, If I have to run some test to find a other wise unnoticed problem THEN IT'S NOT A PROBLEM.

Although I respect ur input but still it is not an accurate statement to give the impression that your device is a problem free, when some of us wants to measure how random is the problem. Talking about testing doesn't mean nessesserly taking it to a dark bathroom. But normal human day to day testing. Like watching a wide screen movie (with black strips at the top and the bottom) or maybe reading a book in the night mode (white text on a black screen and that's how i discovered mine)

If u don't use it in a way that doesn't expose the problem it's good for u. But at least try to be precise.

Misho73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to Apple store to exchange mine but guess what? The new device was even worse. Kept the first one and won't try another swap. The first one is a keeper. Obviously it's something I have to live with.

tibob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, newbie here and enjoying my ipad2 for over a week now. Before I got the ipad was very concerned with the bleed. When I got mine I checked mine and had a bleed at the lower right corner.

However, after using the ipad to work on, read books, email and watch movies for a week the bleed was never an issue. I don't know if its gonna get worse over time but if it does will do an exchange.

For now just gonna enjoy it!:D

youngun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really wanna get the ipad 2 as soon as possible but this issue holding me back. This will be my 1st ipad and I don't want a bad first experience!

Swingman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad 2 didn't have any light bleed (even checked in a completely dark room) so might just be luck of the draw or some people are seeing something I am unable to see.

Possibly just a bad batch where certain stores got all bad ipads and that is the reason that exchanging it hasn't helped them. Or they're just extra picky.

People that don't have light bleed are a lot less likely to post about it than those that do. So hard to know what percentage of Ipads have light bleed issues.

Ipadmonster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Change ipad2

I have some light bleeding on all four corners and would like to exchange my iPad, but I don't want to get a new one with the same problem.

Is it safe to exchange now? Are current batches rid of the light bleed problem?

I'm asking here because you guys know more than the so called geniuses at the Apple store.

I am changing mine now I have some bleed for 700 bucks it should be perfect they are sending out one and I will send back old one its 50/50 shot I have AppleCare for 2 years if I need to swap again I have time it's funny this pad is great but like all great things their is always a flaw somehere

Most reactions

Latest posts