What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to rotate an image from within Photos?

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I don't think it is.... IMHO the photos app is just about useless except for simply displaying a few photos...... I look forward to ether Apple improving it, or another app that has some real features and a folder structure....

I have about 5000 pics on mine, and because of the folder structure used, getting to a particular pic is absurd...... They look good when you get there, but what a PITA.....

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think it is.... IMHO the photos app is just about useless except for simply displaying a few photos...... I look forward to ether Apple improving it, or another app that has some real features and a folder structure....

I have about 5000 pics on mine, and because of the folder structure used, getting to a particular pic is absurd...... They look good when you get there, but what a PITA.....
Ugh, I agree. I think we talked about this in my subfolders rant photo thread though. :D

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Actually what I WANT is for Apple to make iPhoto for the iPad.... I can't stand OSX, but the iLife suite of software is awesome... If I ever had another Mac it would be just to have iLife..... If they had iPhoto, iMovie and iWeb for the iPad I would be willing to PAY more than for any other apps........

Jegannon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't believe so but I'm sure their are some useful apps to help

Toby999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll be able to rotate from within photos with the next update- July for iPhone & autumn/winter for ipad.
Til then photopad photobucket are great free ipad apps that allow you to rotate, crop & zoom

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using Photogene as well which I think also does it.

henriks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also looking!!

Tried several applications both free and paid but the all do the samt thing when rotating phots. Saves them with new namnes under new folder. I just want to rotate them and replace the original since I already have them storde in there different albums.
Anyone have an idea?

joephoto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only way I've found to do this while having the photos remain in the desired album is to download them to computer, rotate, & re-sync.... Simple, eh? :rolleyes:

henriks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks but that doesnt work for some reason. Tried it both from Mac and Windows computer. They are all correctly rotated on the computer/mac but not on the ipad? Drives me crazy since pictures was one of my reasons for buying the freekin ipad. Now I cant even use it for looking att pictures.:mad:

Most reactions

Latest posts