What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rotating images..

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Thanks. I've set up table to track things. Not that I'm obsessive or anything.

I am very interested in this function - would simplify rotating.

OP
tap50

tap50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, let me clarify some things. I can rotate images in my IMPORTED albums. By imported albums, I mean the LAST IMPORT and ALL IMPORT albums that are automatically created when you import photos from the Camere Kit (see attachment). I CANNOT rotate images in my SAVED album; these are photos brought in by iTunes or saved from the web.

Does anyone else have a camera kit that they can verify if they have the rotate tool on only the pictures imported using the camera kit?

My original question was "Why can I rotate the imported pictures, but I can't rotate the saved pictures?". What's the difference?

I have iOS 4.2.1 ( 8C148 )

:confused:

Attachments

• iPadPictureAlbums.jpg
    iPadPictureAlbums.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 226

Tripp Lilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
tripplilley.com
"Does anyone else have a camera kit that they can verify if they have the rotate tool on only the pictures imported using the camera kit?"

I'm seeing the same thing. I have iOS 4.2.1 (8C148) and the Camera Connection Kit. Images imported from the CCK display the "rotate" icon. Images in "Saved Photos" do not.

I have not yet tried importing anything using iTunes sync, or copying and pasting images.

The iPad docs mention image rotation in the "Photos" app help, on the "Viewing Photos and Videos" page. They don't mention this saved vs. imported dichotomy, though.

Most reactions