What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to have more RAM installed Orig. ipad?

Nathanr411

iPF Noob
Reaction score
....SO? Is it? And is it worth it if so? Thank you for your time reading my question...

Nathan Rice

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Nathanr411 said:
....SO? Is it? And is it worth it if so? Thank you for your time reading my question...

Nathan Rice

Short answer: no

It will die as it was born

Vicopad addick!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nathanr411 said:

Nathan Rice

It is not possible for the owner to add more RAM to their iPad after it's purchased.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes it is possible all you have to do is fold your arms and blink your eyes and it should work if not than no you can't add anymore RAM to any iPad.

OP
Nathanr411

Nathanr411

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I figured... It just crashes more and more as I'm sure the reason is because the programs of today are more power and memory hungry then before.

Nathan Rice

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's what I figured... It just crashes more and more as I'm sure the reason is because the programs of today are more power and memory hungry then before.

Nathan Rice

Have you bothered to wipe it clean and restore all your apps & data completely? The iPad is a computer too...and after time, things just need to be cleaned up.

OP
Nathanr411

Nathanr411

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really? I mean, I know it's no different then a computer but clearing it out completely and getting better results I did not know. Are the steps of doing that to long to list? I don't want to appear lazy, would a google search do just fine? Thank you so very much for your time and advice...

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nathanr411 said:
Really? I mean, I know it's no different then a computer but clearing it out completely and getting better results I did not know. Are the steps of doing that to long to list? I don't want to appear lazy, would a google search do just fine? Thank you so very much for your time and advice...

Hi Nathan, welcome to the forum. Basic maintenance of memory would be as follows......

Double press the round Home button to expose the task/history bar at the bottom. Tap and hold any icon until they all jiggle with a red minus sign in the top left corner. Tap all the minus signs one by one until all apps are closed. You are not deleting them, just forcing them closed. Now tap anywhere above this bar to return to the home screen.

Then...reset/reboot, hold the power/sleep button and the home button down at the same time and continue holding until the Apple logo appears. Let go and your iPad should restart although it may take longer than usual. Also..go into Safari Settings and delete history, data and cookies, plus remember to power your iPad off regularly. Hope this helps.

OP
Nathanr411

Nathanr411

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for that info. So what your explaining is to close all programs and restart ipad? I'm very familiar with that. I was thinking there were something I had to do in iTunes to completely reset the ipad. I've closed all programs before and restarted to no change. But I seriously appreciate everyone's responses here. Thank you all!!

Nathan Rice

butters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess importantly what apps are you trying to run?

I used to have 'crash' problem but if I only use not too high requirement apps (generally I would stay apps only require iOS less than 5) I am good.

I have also install a memory software that free up some memory from time to time.

So far I am happy.

OP
Nathanr411

Nathanr411

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, My #1 app I use a lot is amp kit. (guitar amplifiers that I can plug my guitar into and play) and on the gaming side "Air supremacy" but what's crazy is these apps don't crash as much as simpler apps for example Facebook or twitter. The WORST offender believe it or not is the actual "App store" App.... Dude!!! ALL THE TIME MAN!!
Another question has arrived and since you guys have been probably the most helpful and "POLITE" people I've ever spoken with compared to the other forum sites I'm signed up to... (people can be such Moderator edit...removed profanity. Please read the forum rules. ) ...I was hoping you guys might give me some info on the subject of the iOS update? Some apps I've wanted says I must update to ios 6 but in settings and in iTunes it always tells me I'm currently updated to latest. iOS 5.1.1 Does my common sense serve me correctly when I say it's because it's the original iPad and further iOS update will no longer apply? Thank you all in advanced for your time and help... Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're correct about the iPad 1 not being updatable past iOS 5.1.1. This means that apps requiring iOS 6 and above will not work on the iPad 1.

OP
Nathanr411

Nathanr411

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Man! So, I guess one day this iPad will turn to a giant paper weight... Oh well, I might as well just buy the newest iPad

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Man! So, I guess one day this iPad will turn to a giant paper weight... Oh well, I might as well just buy the newest iPad

Not necessarily. There are a few people on here that still use the iPad 1 with no problems.

Most reactions

Latest posts