What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to control an ipad from a pc?

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
You can not remote control an iPad. iOS does not allow one app to control others, let alone the system.

The best you could do is broadcast the iPad's screen back, and then walk your mother through what needs to be done. Even that will require considerably more tech knowhow on your mother's end than is likely to be practical. But at least it is feasible.

By broadcast do you mean like with FaceTime on an iPhone? Or webcam?

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
But the OP said she was 5 hours away, that's why I asked how that would work

With a VPN. Once it is set-up she can just turn it on or off as needed and then turn on mirroring.

Again I have never tried it but in theory it should work.

It would probably be a good idea to request that Apple add more restrictions so that certain settings that could hamper usage could be locked in place.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
By broadcast do you mean like with FaceTime on an iPhone? Or webcam?

I mean using a PC app like Reflections that lets you Mirror to your PC (Mac in this case) which you can in turn use to share that window using any number of PC apps (none of which I have).

Not a very good tech support method, considering how much trouble it would be to set up each time.

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
You can not remote control an iPad. iOS does not allow one app to control others, let alone the system.

The best you could do is broadcast the iPad's screen back, and then walk your mother through what needs to be done. Even that will require considerably more tech knowhow on your mother's end than is likely to be practical. But at least it is feasible.

They Veency tweak worked very well with my jailbroken iPhone 3GS. I was able to bring my iPhone up on my pc and control all,functions, though I did not try to put it into dfu mode yet, not,sure if that will be possible or not, but at least I can get into settings which is really what I wanted to be able to do. I'm assuming it will also,work on a jb iPad 2, lost my jb so can't test that

babypink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gresh14 said:
Oh I just checked again and see that there is a free team viewer app and one that is more expensive. I thought the free one would do the job?

I use the free team viewer and it works

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
babypink said:
I use the free team viewer and it works

So team viewer does work for iPad to,iPad controlling? With no jb? Is that the free version?

Most reactions