What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to do video calls on iPad 2 to pc?

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of my daughters has an iPad2 and I have an iPad1, and we talk frequently on Skype as she is overseas. I can see her, but obviously she can't see me (fortunate for her, lol). I also have Skype installed on my PC, with video working both ways when I use that.

It will be interesting to see what MS does with Skype; let's hope they don't mess with it too much as it is very useful, works well and is the most widely-used way to make video calls. It is good that there are other programs gaining ground and getting more market share, as this should help to keep Skype/MS on its toes.

TravsiPhoneHelp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
Is oovoo cross app? Does it allow you to chat with skype contacts or Facebook contacts? Or is it only oovoo to oovoo contact? Because if it is I wager that more than likely 0 % of your friends will have it installed.

It is and most of my friends have it.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
So I can fire up oovoo, and call my skype based clients/friends with it, and they answer on their end using skype?

That's not what the app seems to do. It's looking to invite friends and make friends join oovoo itself.

I'm looking for a oovoo to skype or face book connection. Hense my question.

Or am I wrong?

Last edited:

TravsiPhoneHelp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
So I can fire up oovoo, and call my skype based clients/friends with it, and they answer on their end using skype?

That's not what the app seems to do. It's looking to invite friends and make friends join oovoo itself.

I'm looking for a oovoo to skype or face book connection. Hense my question.

Or am I wrong?

No I thought you meant something else, your right.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions