What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to control an ipad from a pc?

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Or control an iPad from another iPad? I'm getting my mom an iPad 2 but I know she is going to have problems using it, I'm 5 hours away from her so I wanted a way to take control of her iPad if it has issues? Thanks

babypink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if it would work but I use Team Viewer as an app to access my pc via my iPad, may work the other way around?

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
babypink said:
Not sure if it would work but I use Team Viewer as an app to access my pc via my iPad, may work the other way around?

That's what I was wondering? I was looking at the app " team viewer" for that you type in your ID that they give you when you sign up. I might try downloading that to my pc and see how it works

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
How would you access the TV tho??

I am not sure what you are asking. If she is a node on your network, in theory, her ipad would see your Apple TV and be able to turn on mirroring. If you sre asking how to manipulate her iPad in this set-up you would not be able. You'd only be able to see what she is seeing.

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I only have one iPad, does anyone here have two? If so would you be willing to try the team viewer app on both iPads to see if you can control each other with the team viewer app?

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gresh14 said:
I only have one iPad, does anyone here have two? If so would you be willing to try the team viewer app on both iPads to see if you can control each other with the team viewer app?

I have two but I just checked and they want 50 bucks for that app.

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
beesknees said:
I have two but I just checked and they want 50 bucks for that app.

Oh I just checked again and see that there is a free team viewer app and one that is more expensive. I thought the free one would do the job?

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gresh14 said:
Oh I just checked again and see that there is a free team viewer app and one that is more expensive. I thought the free one would do the job?

I looked at the wrong one. I installed it but there is no host option.

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
beesknees said:
I looked at the wrong one. I installed it but there is no host option.

Thanks for trying. I have never used team viewer so I'm not sure about the host option?

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gresh14 said:
Thanks for trying. I have never used team viewer so I'm not sure about the host option?

You have to enable access and there is no option for it.

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If anyone is interested I found out that you can only do this with a jb device using "Veency" from cydia.
Thanks for your help :)

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
beesknees said:
I am not sure what you are asking. If she is a node on your network, in theory, her ipad would see your Apple TV and be able to turn on mirroring. If you sre asking how to manipulate her iPad in this set-up you would not be able. You'd only be able to see what she is seeing.

But the OP said she was 5 hours away, that's why I asked how that would work

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can not remote control an iPad. iOS does not allow one app to control others, let alone the system.

The best you could do is broadcast the iPad's screen back, and then walk your mother through what needs to be done. Even that will require considerably more tech knowhow on your mother's end than is likely to be practical. But at least it is feasible.

Most reactions

Latest posts