What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it normal that I have to wiggle around the USB cable?

Johnny Steps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My new iPad 2 actually came out okay. No light bleeding or other problems... except for one. When I connect the USB cable to either charge or sync it with iTunes, the iPad will not recognize that it's connected to a power source. However, if I wiggle it just a bit... BAM! It works.

I went to the apple store today to see what they would say and the guy said to indeed come and make an appointment about it and that I should be concerned but at the same time wait a bit until the demand for iPads decreases.

So what about you guys? What do you think?

Thanks for the help!

Cadena96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had ipod classic, touch, iphone 3g, 3gs, 4, ipad 1.....and no...I've never had that, but it could be the cable (has happened when a cable was old and well overused...

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's probably a faulty wire. I used to use my friend's half working Apple earbuds, one of the buds work perfectly but the other only works when you hold it in a certain way. Sooner then it completely went bust.

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My new iPad 2 actually came out okay. No light bleeding or other problems... except for one. When I connect the USB cable to either charge or sync it with iTunes, the iPad will not recognize that it's connected to a power source. However, if I wiggle it just a bit... BAM! It works.

I went to the apple store today to see what they would say and the guy said to indeed come and make an appointment about it and that I should be concerned but at the same time wait a bit until the demand for iPads decreases.

So what about you guys? What do you think?

Thanks for the help!

You do realize that you answered your own question.

Most reactions

Latest posts