What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is iPad right for me?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Consider the field you will be studying and the requirements. Some areas will require that you have a specific computer setup. They can also give some good deals if you know where to look.

Also, if you have to buy a computer, seriously consider a MacBook or iMac. Or even a Mini. You will have limited space, and a need to worry about security. The Macs will have a slight nod in those areas. Plus you can run any Window program on a Mac if needed. The big advantage is that when you graduate, the odds are higher that you will still have a usable Mac.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Okay, I have to add something.... If you have a desktop in the dorm room, apartment or whatever... then an iPad would be fine. My only concern is if you expect to depend on the iPad for everything, it's a bad choice for you. So if you can only have one device, get a laptop (PC/Mac), if you have access to a "regular" computer, get an iPad....

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Xibyn, on pricing, and availability, I would strongly urge you to discount or ignore advice from anyone who has not actually gone through a list of requred texts, and compared the price of actual books, compared to digital versions.

Unless they have done that, they are advising, weighted by uninformed prejudices.

Search for some of the posts from SuperBike81 like this one.
Buying his current books, even used, would have cost an average of $120 each.
But he was able to find all his current texts online through CourseSmart, for $55-$60 each.

A couple semesters like that pays for the iPad,
and you get all the other iPad fun on top!

And we are in the early stages of eTexts.

danko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would recommend a laptop. There are more things you'll use a laptop for than an iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts