What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad apps for college

dplayerx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'm about to stArt my first year of college I know there is a post similar to this about word apps but I'm more concerned with printing. If at all possible I don't want to bring my laptop to college just iPad printer and keyboard. So what app and printers work best together?

sweet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its 2010 why do you need a printer. Email the document

OP
D

dplayerx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol good point. Idk I haven't started college just seems like I would need to print stuff from time to time.

mrnoshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I start school soon myself and this is what I have tested and have been using: 'WhiteNote'. I can type text, write text(I use Pogo Sketch stylus), record sound and insert it into the doc and insert photos. I then can save the file locally on the IPad or it has the option to upload your document or text to Google Docs. I can then access Google on any PC and then print. Most school computer labs will allow you to access Google and then print from that machine. Some other options that 'WhiteNote' has is sending the doc to email or uploading to DropBox or Box.net.

The previous version of 'WhiteNote' was buggy and sometimes it would crash and not save information. But the updated version that just came out is very stable. I have tested it for hours and it has not crashed once. I also auto saves your info frequently. Hopefully this app will be good for what you are needing. Oh, it also lets you create 'Subjects'(can use for class names) and then you can add daily notes under those subjects. It also has a nice search feature for all subjects and pages.

Hope this helps ;)

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whatever you do, guys, back up constantly. You don't want your semester sitting on a device that everyone on campus eyeing...

Most reactions