What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is I Tunes down?

Androidfonefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My IPad2 shows I have 3 updates but every time I try to get them it says
Cannot connect to iTunes Store
Is iTunes down or it there a problem with my pad.
It does have a connection to the net, I can get on line with the browser and can watch Netflix. But can not log in to iTunes.
Any thoughts?

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try just turning it off then back on if you haven't already. This happened to me once and that fixed it.

OP
Androidfonefan

Androidfonefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yah, tried that and it did nothing.
Then it said my password was wrong when I know it is right, and now it is back to saying it can't connect.
Just tried turning it off again and still no.
Without iTunes I cant update anything, buy music or apps etc.

Last edited:
OP
Androidfonefan

Androidfonefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just like this guy said, it makes no sense but it worked. Here is what he did and I did and now I have my updates and access to the iTunes Store back.

dagdagdag123
Re: My iPad can't Connect to iTunes Store/AppStore
Aug 2, 2010 9:25 PM (in response to numannuman)
Okay, this makes no sense but it worked for me. I had the same problem.

My desktop could connect to Itunes so I knew it was working.

My iPad internet was working. But I couldnt connect to iTunes/App Store through the App Store App or through my iPod app.

But I went to the app store through safari -- by clicking on a link in App Shopper (the website that tells you about new apps). Safari took me directly to the app store and it worked.

then suddenly both the app store app and the ipod app could connect to iTunes again.

Go figure.

Hope this works for you. Am curious to hear.

By the way, this post is from another forum, this person may or may not be a member here. But this did come from another forum.

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, while on a weekend trip to Washington, DC. I stayed at two different hotels, and got the same message at both when trying to update an app. I finally set up tethering on my phone, connected my iPad to the phone, and all of the sudden, I could connect to the iTunes store!

I initiated the update, paused the update, reconnected to the hotel wifi, resumed the update, and it completed. Strange, but true!

Not_A_Nincompoop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or hold home button and power off button down until apple logo pops up (Restart)
OR... Double click home button and when menu pops up hold your finger down on an app, until they start shaking and a red circle pops up in the top right corner of the app icon, then tap on this circle until all of the apps are gone. Then press the home button and try to update

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Something else to try.

Open the App Store and scroll to the bottom of the Featured tab. You should see your Apple ID (or a Sign In button). Tap this and sign out of your account. Once signed out, tap it again and sign in with your account.

This often clears up account/password problems.

Note: Account sign in is individual to each of the iStores: iBooks, Apps, iTunes, iTunes U. Signing in/out of one does not affect the others.

OP
Androidfonefan

Androidfonefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or hold home button and power off button down until apple logo pops up (Restart)
OR... Double click home button and when menu pops up hold your finger down on an app, until they start shaking and a red circle pops up in the top right corner of the app icon, then tap on this circle until all of the apps are gone. Then press the home button and try to update

Tried this and it did not work. The bit about going to the iTunes page through safari and then trying the update again did work though. I can get back in to the store now.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was showing my Dad how to use his new iPad last weekend and was running into the same message. I did a reset and that seemed to have solved the problem. I wonder how many others having this issue

OP
Androidfonefan

Androidfonefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. It fubared up again, and this time the safari trick did not work.
Your trick did but it lost all my log in information for Netflix, and all my forums etc.
Now I have to dig all that up off my laptop. Dang the luck.

Everything is back to normal and I am not having any more problems logging in to the I tunes store. Thanks for the tip, thought I was going to have to take it someplace and get it fixed.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts