What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is AppleCare Worth It?

craigtaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife got an email from Apple today, offering to extend her 90 day warranty for a full year, for $78. Is it worth it? Does this cover damage is she drops it, like I did my iPad1 today?

Craig

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No,it doesn't cover accidental damage,only materials and workmanship.

Epint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well there are better care plans than apple care. Normalyy you purchase those when buying the device. There are some that cover any damage to the device fully._

Carte players here? Find me.

Last edited:

Confucioux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use Squaretrade, it's MUCH better!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF 

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
My mother got the Extended warranty from BestBuy for like $100 on her iPad2.
She dropped it and shattered the screen, went to best buy and in about 10 minutes she was walking out the door with a replacement iPad2.

The nice thing with BestBuy warranty over AppleCare is that apple will replace with a refurbished iPad that they have there and BesBuy will just open a new iPad and replace yours with the new one. Also if you want to get a different model, they will put the original price you payed for the iPad onto a GiftCard that you can use to get something else.

ipadfrog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple care is ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT. It has replaced my computer and my iPhone. TOTALLY worth it. ALWAYS get it (and my family has had 31 apple products.

mdjudy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I didn't buy it from Best Buy so I can't go that route. My friend also go an IPad 2 for Christmas, but last week dropped his and shattered the screen. Just made me wonder if AppleCare was any good. Thanks for the advice.

joenissan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gotta love it when people answer without knowing what they're talking about. It's absolutely worth it because it most certainly DOES cover drops, breaks etc. It's $99 and $50 for each claim. You have a maximum of 2 claims for breakage in 2 years but they replace the ipad so....WELL worth it!

txwj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Apple Care on my iPad 3' , my iPhone 4S, and my iMac.

It not only extends the warranty to 2 years, it includes accidental coverage and technical support for 2 years. Apple support is awesome.

I got a AirPort Extreme and when I called for help to get my crappy work laptop pc working I found out that since I have apple care on my iPad it was extended to include my airport extreme. (Same thing would have worked because of iMac)

As far as apple replacing them with a refurb unit, apples refubs are like new, new screen, etc. plus they have a new warranty.

I would avoid best buy warranties, and a square spec might be ok, but in the end with Apple care, I have seen apple cover some things hey shouldn't.

Most reactions

Latest posts