What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPod, but not iPad for Subaru Outback

boaterbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a link to the 2010/2011 Subaru Web site detailing their iPod and USB port option.
iPod & Media Interface | Subaru Electronics

I sent an e-mail to Subaru asking if I could use my iPad as the iPod and iPad cables are the same. They said - "Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in Subaru products.

The iPad does not function with our iPod interfaces. As for podcasts and audio books, if on an iPod, they do play through our iPod interfaces. If using the iPad, the podcasts and audio books would not play.
"

Does this seem correct? As the iPod works and the USB port allows other portable drives to work, why wouldn't an iPad work?

Robert

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The same issue with parrot systems not compatible the iPad has different connections for audio etc hence why it does not work. I use Bluetooth as the parrot sound supports that as well so can watch or listen to movies pod casts gps games no problem at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions