What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPlayer Radio app

Jaycup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been trying for many weeks to install the BBC iPlayer Radio app.on my IPad Air 2. It is available on the Apple store but there is no option to 'Get' so I cannot install it. I have tried everything I can think of and even spent fifty minutes today talking to the Apple Support line but they had no answer either. the BBc iPlayer app. runs without a problem. I do know i can access radio from this app bbut i particularly want to have the Radio app which the BBC claims "now runs beautifully on iPads", alas not for me. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been trying for many weeks to install the BBC iPlayer Radio app.on my IPad Air 2. It is available on the Apple store but there is no option to 'Get' so I cannot install it. I have tried everything I can think of and even spent fifty minutes today talking to the Apple Support line but they had no answer either. the BBc iPlayer app. runs without a problem. I do know i can access radio from this app bbut i particularly want to have the Radio app which the BBC claims "now runs beautifully on iPads", alas not for me. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Are you located in the UK? The iPlayer radio app is currently only available to download from within the UK.

OP
J

Jaycup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you contacted the app developer? Maybe it's a bug in the app which won't let it download to iPads.

BBC claim this app has been redesigned to work on iPads and my neighbor has it running ok on her iPad Air. the Apple Support team offered no explanation as to why it would not work.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is your iPad up to date? BBC's advice is to update to the latest software version, in case there are problems with installing the app. This would be 9.3.1 for your iPad.

OP
J

Jaycup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is your iPad up to date? BBC's advice is to update to the latest software version, in case there are problems with installing the app. This would be 9.3.1 for your iPad.

Thank you for the response, I am running the latest version of the OS. I am pleased to report that I have at last solved the problem. In the end it was so very simple an down to my inexperience and ignorance of all thing 'Apple'. Because I had previously downloaded this app and subsequently un-installed it, the 'get' button was not available as the app was now available from iCloud. the icon for this was on the screen but in a very inconspicuous manner. Clicking on this produced the download procedure and the app was installed without fuss. I had no idea of this procedure hitherto. My local Apple store informs me that this is applicable to 'free' apps that have been previously installed.
I thank everyone who has tried to help me and apologize for lack of experience in such matters.
You learn something new every day.......well, hopefully!

Most reactions

Latest posts