What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iphone4 and ipad tethering

Skippy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi my first post, I am looking at buying the non 3g ipad and want to know if the iphone 3gs or iphone4 could be used as a modem or tether data to the ipad.
I dont want to have 2 lots of internet cards if I can get away from only using the iphone as the modem

Thanks

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
if you jailbreak the iphone than yes, and it will kill the battery so you would want to be within reach of a wall charger when doing this.

ctitanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
ultramobilepc-tips.com
Buy any Android phone with Froyo and you can convert your phone into a mobile wifi hotspot. Then you connect your iPad via WiFi to your phone. Plain and simple. And you don't have to break anything! :)

jackiemac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.WoowooMac.com
If you don't mind jail breaking your iPhone, you can use MyWi ($9.99) or PDANet (around $20) to turn your iPhone into a hot spot that your iPad can connect to.

I hope this helps.

Fool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have to jailbreak your phone to use mywi???

Even though you spend $9.99!!

MERKTT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi my first post, I am looking at buying the non 3g ipad and want to know if the iphone 3gs or iphone4 could be used as a modem or tether data to the ipad.
I dont want to have 2 lots of internet cards if I can get away from only using the iphone as the modem

Thanks

when i was on my iphone 3GS i had it jailbroken and installed an app called MYWI which makes your iphone into a wifi hotspot. your ipad will see it and you can use the data plan from the iphone to your ipad it is great the only issue is that the battery will drain little quick on the iphone when your running the MYWI software. i did use the energizer battery that you slide the iphone into and it was great that helped alot. hope this helps

OP
S

Skippy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have to jailbreak your phone to use mywi???

Even though you spend $9.99!!

I'm also waiting for this answer.

I dont mind paying the $10 if this works without jailbreaking the iphone

ctitanic Buy any Android phone with Froyo and you can convert your phone into a mobile wifi hotspot. Then you connect your iPad via WiFi to your phone. Plain and simple. And you don't have to break anything!

I like my Iphone :)

Most reactions

Latest posts