What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do I need iPhone data?

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad and an unlocked iPhone5. My iPad is almost always with me so I took data off of the iPhone (virtually never used it). I added it back on recently and have not used the iPhone for data. I've always had a data package on my iPad.

With data in my iPad and iPhone wifi, why do I need a data package on the iPhone? Would you put data on the iPhone? iPad data was all i needed ($15 for 250 mb) but I'm paying much more now for the iPad data package.

I do get other things for the cost, including unlimited talk and texting plus data sharing between the two devices.

Cost now is $91 versus $15 before for 250 mb.

I'm inclined to take the data off the iPhone again as I don't seem to need it. I'm sure someone will say why have a smart phone if I don't have a data package, but I don't see the point. Illprobablyntrynitthis way for a couple of months then decide.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You didn't say you got your iPhone off contract, which makes a huge difference in responding to this question. If you paid full price and you don't want data, then cancel it. But otherwise, your carrier requires you to have a data plan. That's the real reason you need it. Frankly, I'd rather it data on my iPad than my phone, but until I get a phone off contract, I will have a plan.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't need data, don't buy it. Seems straightforward to me. Like AQ said, if your phone was subsidized, you'll need to figure that out.

Most reactions

Latest posts