What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iphone theme on ipad

mcswc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hellou guys,

I just got myself an ipad 1gen, and started to play around and installed winterboard, and till then, every time when i restart my ipad the unlock drag on locked screen is all the way from side to side, when i do unlock for the first time screen isn't working at all so i need to lock and unlock again to make it work, when i do that, status bar isn't working right as everything in it somewhat dissected into some funny colored lines, and apps on home screen are smaller then they should be, eventually when i do get up to settings and get to the winterboard i just activate and reactivate something and respring my device and everyrhing's ok ....

dont know what more i need to post that could help,

version is 4.2.1 (settings>general>about ) and it is jailbroken

tnx 4 reading this :D :D hope to make it right :D :D

OP
M

mcswc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i forgot , when i go all the wat to the left , the search screen, the keyboard isn't ipad's it's iphones couc it's really small, and the rotation of the home screen isn't working (before i do the respring)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just moved this to the Hacking Forum as you are jailbroken......hopefully you will get the answer that you need here.

The Archangel

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
4.2.1 is getting really old now. As a minimum you really need to be on 4.3.3 IMHO. You will find that more and more tweaks and apps are unsupported as you stay on that old version.

It sounds like you have installed a tweak which is not designed for iPad, or not designed for 4.2.1. It is unlikely to be Winterboard, but it is a possibility. I would suggest removing the last few things you updated or installed via Cydia and reboot after each until you find the culprit.

One tweak which I know does this on IOS 5.0.1 is "Apptivator".

OP
M

mcswc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cool.... u could be right couz when i opened cynthia it said there were some updates to some programs.... is there somewhere a list of updates so i could know which one i updated ??

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
cool.... u could be right couz when i opened cynthia it said there were some updates to some programs.... is there somewhere a list of updates so i could know which one i updated ??

Nope, sorry, there isn't. Remember the golden rule. Always pay attention! It precisely for this reason that you should check what packages you are accepting updates for! :)

OP
M

mcswc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
btw isn't it easies for me to just update ios while i still don't have anything on it .. so, which ios is the latest one which has jailbreak so i dont need (hopefully) to do it soon? :D n btw tnx a looooooooooooooooooot

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think your best bet is to upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 and then jail break your iPad with redsn0w. That way, you are fully up-to-date with what's going on currently.

Here's a handy tutorial to put iOS 5.0.1 on your iPad (just follow the steps exactly): http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

Then, after you've successfully put iOS 5.0.1 on the iPad, jail break it by following the steps in this tutorial: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...orial-jailbreak-ipad1-ios5-using-redsn0w.html

Again, this will enable you to take advantage of all the tweaks that have been optimized to run on iOS 5 (which is most of the good ones!).

Oh, and you are probably going to need to do this upgrade very soon. Rumors say that a new version of the iOS is due out the first week in March (iOS 5.1). That version is not jailbreakable and if you aren't on iOS 5.0.1, then you won't be able to go to it - and thus jail break your iPad. So, not to hurry you, but - go! :D

Good luck and let us know if you have questions/trouble.

Marilyn

OP
M

mcswc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just to say i did everything excatly u said and it works perfectly, just i can't find some apps i want in cydia (as i figured it out it, i need to use it to install apps :) ) and i suppose i need to add some osurces ...
Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Hacking Section Rules
and i promice it's the last that u'll hear from me :D :D and biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig tnx 4 u guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mcswc said:
just to say i did everything excatly u said and it works perfectly, just i can't find some apps i want in cydia (as i figured it out it, i need to use it to install apps :) ) and i suppose i need to add some osurces ...

and i promice it's the last that u'll hear from me :D :D and biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig tnx 4 u guys :)

I'm pretty dissapointed that all you want to do now is steal software. Piracy is illegal and it is NOT the reason we jailbreak around here. Please read our rules and understand that if you discuss piracy or ways to enable it here you will be banned.

OP
M

mcswc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not shure i want illegal software ... but i can't even find the game i had installed on last ios which was free ... sry if i said smth wrong ...

Most reactions

Latest posts