What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone, iPad Users Affected by Daylight Savings Time Bug in iOS 7

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
Daylight-Savings-Time-Bug-in-iOS-7.jpg

Yesterday was the Daylight Savings Time in the United States, Canada and some other countries around the world. Apple was previously known to have issues with new iOS versions when such moments occur. According to the CultofMac publication, there have been plenty of bugs come up in iOS after the switch to Daylight Savings Time in 2010, 2011, and 2012. In 2013, there was a similar problem which was dubbed the New Year’s Bug. And, as it turns out, 2014 is no exception either as iOS 7 too contains a Daylight Savings Time bug:

If you open Calendar on your iOS 7 device, you will notice that while the time of your operating system is set correctly, the line marking the time in Calendar is an hour old. It’s a minor bug, but hey, how would we remember Daylight Savings Time at all if our iOS devices didn’t go wonky once a year because of it?

During the Daylight Savings Time switch day, any wrong information might confuse users and make them potentially miss an important meeting or arrive late a certain place. And considering that iOS 7 is touted as a completed revamp of Apple’s mobile iOS, shouldn’t it be able to take care of such a minor bug?

Of course, this is no major problem to get angry about and one that will eventually get fixed with the next upgrade, but when it comes to Apple products and services, customers are used to be getting the best of the best. What about yourself – are you also experiencing this bug?

Source: iPhoneForums

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This problem must be fixed now as I just checked and my time is correct. I just updated to 7.1.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I never had a problem.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts