What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Releases iOS 6.1.2 to Correct Battery Life Bug

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
11337-ios-6-1-2.JPG

Apple has just released another little iOS update, iOS 6.1.2. According to CNET, this latest update is primarily designed to address the battery life bug, or, as Apple puts it, “an Exchange calendar bug that could result in increased network activity and reduced battery life.†As the update has only just gone live, it is early days to know whether or not it also affects any jailbroken iPhones that have been jailbroken using the new Evasi0n jailbreak. With that in mind, as ever, the advice to those of you with jailbroken iPhones and iPads is to wait before installing this update until you hear that it is okay to do so. Let’s hope that this fixes the battery life bug for everyone else. As iDownload Blog also notes, some users have been experiencing problems of some sort with Exchange since last October, so a fix is long overdue. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source:[/FONT] iOS 6.1.2 fixes Exchange battery-drain bug | Apple - CNET News
Apple releases iOS 6.1.2 to address Exchange calendar bug

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Might be a coincidence, but the LTE connectivity issue I was having seems to be gone.

Hold in mind LTE is something I have to go 30 miles to get. I tested it once after the 6.1 update and had problems. My next opportunity to test was today, right after the 6.1.2 update, and now LTE is working flawlessly at the same locations.

David1867

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Might be a coincidence (no offence meant) but ever since I did the latest update (the one that's fixed the battery problems) my iPad seems to be putting out an NTSC signal. Before the update, when I connected my iPad to my TV I DIDN'T have to change the TV setting from PAL to NTSC, now I DO! Anybody got any thoughts on this?

DaveC.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Might be a coincidence (no offence meant) but ever since I did the latest update (the one that's fixed the battery problems) my iPad seems to be putting out an NTSC signal. Before the update, when I connected my iPad to my TV I DIDN'T have to change the TV setting from PAL to NTSC, now I DO! Anybody got any thoughts on this?

DaveC.

If you have not done so recently, try restarting the iPad, and/or reseting it.

Go into Settings > General > International > Regional; and make sure you are set for your country. I don't know if this is where the PAL/NTSC settings are determined, but it seems the most likely place, so it's worth looking at.

If that does not work, I'd try Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This won't erase any of your apps, data, or account settings, but most other settings will be defaulted. After the iPad boots, it will ask you a couple questions about language and location.

You'll want to work through your settings afterwards and re-tweak thing back to your liking.

If non of that works, all I can recommend is a clean restore. You'll want a good backup and to save all important documents saved off the iPad first. You'll basically be starting over with the iPad, putting all your apps, documents, and settings back manually. You should not have to pay again for any of the apps or other iStore content.

-------------------------------------
The usual fixes:

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart. takes a bit longer than a restart.

Reset All Settings: Another, somewhat more drastic thing you can do is Reset All Settings. You'll find this under Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. It won't erase any of your content, apps, or accounts; but you will have to go through most of your other settings and re-tweak them back to your liking.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have not done so recently, try restarting the iPad, and/or reseting it.

Go into Settings > General > International > Regional; and make sure you are set for your country. I don't know if this is where the PAL/NTSC settings are determined, but it seems the most likely place, so it's worth looking at.

If that does not work, I'd try Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This won't erase any of your apps, data, or account settings, but most other settings will be defaulted. After the iPad boots, it will ask you a couple questions about language and location.

You'll want to work through your settings afterwards and re-tweak thing back to your liking.

If non of that works, all I can recommend is a clean restore. You'll want a good backup and to save all important documents saved off the iPad first. You'll basically be starting over with the iPad, putting all your apps, documents, and settings back manually. You should not have to pay again for any of the apps or other iStore content.

-------------------------------------
The usual fixes:

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart. takes a bit longer than a restart.

Reset All Settings: Another, somewhat more drastic thing you can do is Reset All Settings. You'll find this under Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. It won't erase any of your content, apps, or accounts; but you will have to go through most of your other settings and re-tweak them back to your liking.

Thank you, as always, twerp!! I was always afraid to touch that button lol.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

I don't touch it without a reason. It can take quite a while to get all the settings back to where I like them. Inevitably one or two slip by and catch me by surprise a day or a week later.

Ampress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blue92 said:
Five days later, if anything, battery life seems worse than before on both the iPad and iPhone....

Same frustrating experience here. Upgrading to 6.1.2 caused a big drop in battery life on my iPhone. That's why I didn't upgrade my ipad, still on 6.1 with super battery life.

Most reactions