What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S REVEALED! Let's Talk iPhone Event FULL COVERAGE

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple knows exactly what they are doing !

The iphone 5 is ready. Apple are just biding their time and milking every little bit of consumers money with left over parts from the iphone 4 for a 4S !

kingkennyno1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iLloyd said:
Apple knows exactly what they are doing !

The iphone 5 is ready. Apple are just biding their time and milking every little bit of consumers money with left over parts from the iphone 4 for a 4S !

Well that's just being ****ing greedy by apple I have iPhone 4 and iPad 2 am due upgrade will get it cause I like to be up to date

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
According to an analyst, the Cupertino-based tech giant is preparing a phone branded as the "iPhone 5", which will sport 4G LTE technology.

Analyst Will Strauss, president of wireless chip market research firm Forward Concepts, told CNET that Apple is saving the iPhone 5 brand for the LTE version, and the new model won't arrive until the 4G LTE technology is ready to be used in smartphones.

"They're saving iPhone 5 for the LTE version and that won't be out until next spring," said Strauss. Compared to existing 3G technology, LTE provides higher download and upload speeds, among other key features.
I read this off the Internet and I think this is the reason for no iPhone 5.
They wouldn't keep hold of a new iPhone for no reason.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the iPhone 5 will be out next spring, I'll possibly wait. But my phone seriously is starting to suck... So waiting til March or April seems like an impossibility. I don't think 4g is something I absolutely need in a smartphone, i have an iPad that is plenty fast enough on wifi. The camera improvement on the 4 is a big plus for me. I like the design of the 4 I just wish they would've made it slightly bigger.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know. I like my iPhone 4 and frankly being bigger is not a biggie for me. I have an iPad for the bigger screen. My hands fit this phone fine so a bigger phone would be too big. I can still remember the brick phones of the eighties.

heybutch1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Take on the 4S! - It's a Great Phone who cares what it's called.

Key things that seem not to be getting much recognition....
- Time to photo. I hope it's as fast as apple say as I miss so many shots with my 3GS. And when I've taken my amazing quality pics they will already be on my pc and iPad for me to look at and play with, thanks iCloud.
- Switchable antennas. People have been walking around waiting / wanting 4G, Apple just solved the issue without waiting for the networks. This is something we can all use now! Genius!

I'm not fussed about what apple have called the phone, it's got kick ass specs, and Im not that interested if it looks any different to the last model, it's about what it can do right?

Screen size - current size is perfect for me. I don't like these massive htc things people are walking around with. Also, if they change the screen size wouldn't everyone have to tweak their apps? Don't fix it, it ain't broken.

NFT - when it's ready, they'll do it and it will be kick ass! Suggest until then we look at what companies they are buying up in that field and speculate!

Anyway, I'll be in the queue next Friday probably killing time playing with my iPad.

Buy as first iPhone, definitely!
Buy as upgrade to iPhone 4, probably not.
Buy as upgrade to 3GS, hell yeah!

By the way, I think 20 years down the road when we look back at this year we will see that this is where it all changed. iCloud / Siri is going to let use the tech to do what we actually want with an ease of use never seen before. The future is simple, the future just works!

Makes you realise how far behind some people are! RIP RIM by end Q3 2014 me thinks.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
another suggestion, not sure, just me saying......they probably got a lot of returns for the antenna gate, so they are making use of it, by using the same body and some parts that was returned.

PoetDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think what is confusing to me right now is what is solely in iphone 4S and what is in iOS5 (?) I think Siri is 4S and maybe the ability to take pictures without clicking on the camera app is in iOS5? I guess we will begin to see next week. Is anyone else confused by this?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think what is confusing to me right now is what is solely in iphone 4S and what is in iOS5 (?) I think Siri is 4S and maybe the ability to take pictures without clicking on the camera app is in iOS5? I guess we will begin to see next week. Is anyone else confused by this?

im not confused.

siri needs the A5 to run smoothly, should be ok for the iPad 2(but no mentions).....camera shortcut is an iOS 5 feature.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I don't know. I like my iPhone 4 and frankly being bigger is not a biggie for me. I have an iPad for the bigger screen. My hands fit this phone fine so a bigger phone would be too big. I can still remember the brick phones of the eighties.

I agree, I hate the super huge screens on smartphones, and I bought my iPad to basically be a big smartphone (but its so much more than that!). I'm happy with the upgrades; I'll get it when I have the funds and my contract is up.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

cephaschew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
hmm,didn't think about ringtones,so how does it work on iphone4?can you only use what Apple put on?

Well, guess dat depends on ur needs? But i'm sure there r & will be ppl who wish to have their own custom ringtone or sms tone! No doubt, iphone came with their own collection & yet there are too many ppl using iphone, it really help if u have ur own tones so u can right away identify its ur phone! Besides, i know u can use garage band to create ur own ringtone and then sync thru itunes to ur phone.. But how about sms? Still hoping Apple will include a feature which we can use our own custom sms tones!

Iphone 4s will guess be more stable like the 3s... Plus good camera.. Dats a very good plus point...as for siri, only when u really put it to test then u can know whether it is as wonderful as it promises!

cephaschew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
deloco said:
I' also a bit disapointed, but on the other hand it's a good phone. I love my iPhone 4 and have no reason to upgrade to the 4GS, but that's exactly what I like about the 4GS. It's enough change to call it a good Upgrade, but not quite enough to upgrade from the previous Version (If you don't have a iPhone at all, or you have one of the old models, this is THE iPhone for you...).
The biggest disappointment of the Keynote was, at least for me, that I need to wait another week to finally get iOS 5.

But guess its more stable? Just like the 3s? Now its even better? With good camera! & Siri.. Kinda powerful!?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But how about sms? Still hoping Apple will include a feature which we can use our own custom sms tones!

my jailbroken iphone, i have a bunch of custom sms tones, i didn't look into stock iphone to see if it can be done.

heybutch1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cephaschew said:
Well, guess dat depends on ur needs? But i'm sure there r & will be ppl who wish to have their own custom ringtone or sms tone! No doubt, iphone came with their own collection & yet there are too many ppl using iphone, it really help if u have ur own tones so u can right away identify its ur phone! Besides, i know u can use garage band to create ur own ringtone and then sync thru itunes to ur phone.. But how about sms? Still hoping Apple will include a feature which we can use our own custom sms tones!

Iphone 4s will guess be more stable like the 3s... Plus good camera.. Dats a very good plus point...as for siri, only when u really put it to test then u can know whether it is as wonderful as it promises!

You can already get custom ring tones in iOS 4.3 either buying them from iTunes or converting them from an mp3. I also read somewhere on the apple website what custom text tones will be available in ios5! Yay

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
According to an analyst, the Cupertino-based tech giant is preparing a phone branded as the "iPhone 5", which will sport 4G LTE technology.

Analyst Will Strauss, president of wireless chip market research firm Forward Concepts, told CNET that Apple is saving the iPhone 5 brand for the LTE version, and the new model won't arrive until the 4G LTE technology is ready to be used in smartphones.

"They're saving iPhone 5 for the LTE version and that won't be out until next spring," said Strauss. Compared to existing 3G technology, LTE provides higher download and upload speeds, among other key features.
I read this off the Internet and I think this is the reason for no iPhone 5.
They wouldn't keep hold of a new iPhone for no reason.

So iPhone 4S upgraded the camera and iphone5 will upgrade the bandwidth? What happened to apples revolutionary devices. iPad 2 is a major step up, and I'm hoping the same for iPad 3. I upgraded to iPhone 4 yesterday because 1080p means nothing to me really. I am nit a photographer. I never take pics with my iOS device. I'm ready for the change. At this rate, apple will be met by competition very very soon.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts