What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4 - I'm in Love!

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was blown away by all the new features in iPhone 4. Who is with me?

I'm sure I'll still use my iPad for more "fun" things, but I'm chomping at the bit for FaceTime, bigger battery, the new camera (and iMovie!).

RayfieldNeel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new camera spec with HD video/flash is a big draw for me, since I have kids, and my current 3G camera has let me down on many occasions.

I don't "need" it for sure...but I'd sure like to have one. :D

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like the new iPhone. A month or two ago I decided to switch from my Moto Droid on Verizon to whatever new iPhone was coming out and going with AT&T. Since everyone minus 2 or 3 people I talk to has AT&T already and I get a school discount on service. My bill will be bout $30 cheaper. But seeing all the updates and the new look is making this switch an even better idea now. I was also thinking about getting a Pocket HD Video camera but with this iPhone 4 with 32GBs I may not need one.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's on AT&T (which it is) it could give me handjob every time the phone rings and I still wouldn't buy it. If it was on Verizon I would definitely buy it. AT&T sucks if you live outside of a major city. Not a single 3G bar within 1.5 hours of where I live. And it's not like I live in a one stoplight town. There are 45k people here.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here....I want one so bad but I would never use AT&T again...they suck so bad its ridiculous!!

Based on the specs its a tiny iPad.

The real thing now....anyone notice the A4 chip is TINY?? I think there is more to the iPad chip than is being told. I think in the next OS revision for iPad we will be getting a MAJOR speed boost....it has a powerpc footprint, and the iPhone 4 shows that size is not needed.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having the iPhone with AT&T is like driving a Ferrari through a school zone.

What service are you using now Gentle?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Been on Verizon for many years. It is the best service with the worst phones :( Sucks...I'm a techy, and yet I can't stand bad phone service....I am so torn!

JLStrange

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking of upgrading our two 1st gen iPhones to the new ones. Not sure exactly why, other than technology moves on.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking of upgrading our two 1st gen iPhones to the new ones. Not sure exactly why, other than technology moves on.

Honestly the screen will be enough reason...the battery will be the deal breaker! Sounds like the iPhone 4 will be getting close to iPad times...which is insane!

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Been on Verizon for many years. It is the best service with the worst phones :( Sucks...I'm a techy, and yet I can't stand bad phone service....I am so torn!
The moto droid and incredible are great phon es

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got no complaints with AT&T service. I've had all 3 iPhones, but was seriously thinking of downgrading to a cheap phone just for calls, since my iPad gets all use now. BUT once I saw the iPhone 4, I knew i'd be ordering one tomorrow! Just can't resist. No company has 3G where I live, but AT&T's Edge is fine for me.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious here from the Philippines. How much is the iPhone selling in the US? I just saw the pricing from the telecom company that carries iphone here. They are selling the iPhone 3GS for about 400$. I'm guessing it is overprice, but it just seem too much.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new prices will be $99 for 3GS, $199 for 16gig iPhone4, and $299 for 32gig iphone4. Those are upgrade prices with a new two year contract. Not sure what the prices are to buy outright.

AngelSpeedfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For only $200 my current 3G model will be getting a replacement on the 24th I hope :). I wasn't sure if I would upgrade as I didn't see enough reason to go from the 3G to the 3GS but the HD video is more than enough reason for me...It's like Christmas for me having to wait until the 24th (hopefully I get a first batch).

I will still use the iPad for almost everything but it's just too large to take everywhere.

Oh......plus the white iphone4 has got to be the sexiest phone I have ever seen......

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new prices will be $99 for 3GS, $199 for 16gig iPhone4, and $299 for 32gig iphone4. Those are upgrade prices with a new two year contract. Not sure what the prices are to buy outright.

Wow! Lucky people in the US! No wonder some people I know bought it from the states and have them jail break. It's the most reasonable thing to do.

Most reactions

Latest posts