What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPadForums.net Upgrade Problems - Issues Thread

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wench said:
Is it better to go to site, rather than the ap

At this stage it is.......

I can log in to the app now but not all threads are available and I'm not sure at this point if the app will be fully workable with the new site as yet. We shall know more with time.

So, please use the site and if you have any trouble or need help with anything, let us know here.

iJeffrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey wench, most of us are confused. This software has all the old features plus a bunch more. Some of the old ones may have different names. It's become a learning curve for everyone. So hang in there and ask questions
If we have missed a feature or you wish to recommend one, just let us know.
What impresses me most is the speed and the clean look the forum presents. I like the online/offline icon and the drop down menu when you click or tap your avatar in the upper right corner of the screen.

iJeffrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something else that's not working yet: when I post in a thread, I'm not automatically subscribed. That was a very useful feature before the update.
If you go to setting>preferences, you should see this choice

Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
  • and receive email notifications of replies
I believe this is the same as subscribing to a thread. You will need to check the boxes and save your changes.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iJeffrey said:
If you go to setting>preferences, you should see this choice Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply... [*]and receive email notifications of replies I believe this is the same as subscribing to a thread. You will need to check the boxes and save your changes.
Thank you! I've already enabled this, but don't know if I did it before I posted here first time.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Update: subscribing to threads doesn't happen automatically. I just posted on a thread where I didn't before, and it doesn't appear in my Subscribed area.
Here are my chosen settings:

image-4252441407.jpg

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Update: subscribing to threads doesn't happen automatically. I just posted on a thread where I didn't before, and it doesn't appear in my Subscribed area.
Here are my chosen settings:

View attachment 57560

I noticed this also Johanna....

It will be implemented in the future, there are a lot of settings at this point that need to be tweaked to get the whole Forum working as we would like it but it will all take some time....so bear with us!

Everything will be noted in this thread that members are having problems with.

Are you getting the Alerts - top right?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
leelai said:
I noticed this also Johanna.... It will be implemented in the future, there are a lot of settings at this point that need to be tweaked to get the whole Forum working as we would like it but it will all take some time....so bear with us! Everything will be noted in this thread that members are having problems with. Are you getting the Alerts - top right?
Yes, I can see alerts from my subscribed threads in website view. :)

I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining. I'm very happy about the new features, and the app will certainly work better in a few days than it did before the update. My intention is to help a bit by pointing out what's not working, so that it can be corrected sometime.

There's one thing that I'm missing when reading a thread: it was possible to have the latest post at the top, not at the bottom. From there, it was easier to get to website view. Maybe I missed a setting somewhere, but I can't find anything. It was very useful for me.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yay, finally I'm able to delete one of my posts in app view! :) I always had to go to website view until now.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I can see alerts from my subscribed threads in website view. :)

I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining. I'm very happy about the new features, and the app will certainly work better in a few days than it did before the update. My intention is to help a bit by pointing out what's not working, so that it can be corrected sometime.

There's one thing that I'm missing when reading a thread: it was possible to have the latest post at the top, not at the bottom. From there, it was easier to get to website view. Maybe I missed a setting somewhere, but I can't find anything. It was very useful for me.

Not at all Johanna.....in fact you're helping by telling us what you are experiencing, then we can address it.

Oh....I just tap the top of the screen and it takes you to the top....although I've noticed a small purple arrow on the right hand side which does it too now! I'll see what I can find....

Most reactions

Latest posts