What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad4 over heating??

Chloe97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Have had my ipad since December but have recently noticed that it gets very hot in the left hand bottom corner. It doesn't bother me but I just want to know if it will be damaged by being so hot so often.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I Have had my ipad since December but have recently noticed that it gets very hot in the left hand bottom corner. It doesn't bother me but I just want to know if it will be damaged by being so hot so often.

Did you change how you were using the iPad just before you noticed the heating? Activities that use a lot of processing power, such as graphics intensive gaming can cause increased heating. The iPad has a temperature sensor and if the iPad is heated beyond its safe operating temperature, it will go into high temperature shut down until it cools down. Using the iPad outdoors on a hot day could also cause overheating, as it can't dissipate the internal heat as fast as it's generated.

Victor Ruidera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be careful as extreme heat can drain battery. Stay inside a cool place if possible, avoid using it too much if its charging is it can both drain battery and cause extreme heat too.

Most reactions

Latest posts